LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox - Testing

TESTERS NEEDED

Instead of flooding the Kodi addon for Launchbox released thread with test files and handling issues with those test files, I have started this thread. Here I will be posting test files as I work through some past feature requests before they are released in the Download section. The released thread will be for handling issues with current releases posted in the Downloads section, feature requests, and posting version release news like before.

TESTERS NEEDED

Edited by CoinTos

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 9:34 AM, Thornback said:

The current addon works great for me on Leia. What features are you proposing to be tested?

On 4/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, zetec-s-joe said:

Also intrested to see what you may add

Oops. apparently, I wasn't set to be alerted to new post on this thread, my bad.

Anyways, this one is for @nadonate, here is a smb test file. Basically, it will create a temporary mapped network drive and then destroy it when done. This should fix your smb issues in kodi... hopefully. I have tested it without a username and password, no issues. It does have username and password support that will need to be tested so if anything one has that setup, please report back.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

On 6/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, tchuyev said:

Hi, I'm not having much success using a custom emulator based on RetroArch using a specific core
Versions used: LaunchBox 9.8 and RetroArch 1.7.7 (fully up-to-date)

Details
Emulator name: NeoGeo (FBNeo)
Emulator Application Path: Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
Sample command: retroarch.exe "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE"
Attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown option ticked

Associated Platforms
Associated Platform: NeoGeo (FBNeo)
Default Command-Line Parameters: -L "cores\fbneo_libretro.dll"
Default Emulator set to True

I've imported games for the "SNK Neo Geo MVS" platform.
When launching the game nothing happens!!

Now changing my custom emulator with the default Retroarch template provided by LaunchBox: no problem!
Just changed the associated platform to "fbneo_libretro" obviously
Settings, check boxes, etc. between both emulators are 100% the same

However, my custom emulator doesn't work: any ideas? Thanks

23 hours ago, CoinTos said:

Oops. apparently, I wasn't set to be alerted to new post on this thread, my bad.

Anyways, this one is for @nadonate, here is a smb test file. Basically, it will create a temporary mapped network drive and then destroy it when done. This should fix your smb issues in kodi... hopefully. I have tested it without a username and password, no issues. It does have username and password support that will need to be tested so if anything one has that setup, please report back.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.6-smbtest.zip 256.55 kB · 2 downloads

Just tested this, it no-longer throws an error with the SMB path. But it doesn't launch bigbox either, I get a black screen until it times out and returns to Kodi.

Should I be entering my share credentials somewhere in the script, or is that not necessary if my windows user already has access?

13 minutes ago, nadonate said:

Just tested this, it no-longer throws an error with the SMB path. But it doesn't launch bigbox either, I get a black screen until it times out and returns to Kodi.

Should I be entering my share credentials somewhere in the script, or is that not necessary if my windows user already has access?

Ok, i think i know what is going on but first can we confirm it is the ahk timing it out. Can you check the LaunchBoxLauncher.log (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\ if you are using Windows installer Kodi) to see if says BigBox wasn't detected in 60 seconds. Also, are you using hardline or wifi for the connection.

Here is the output of the log file:

LaunchBoxLauncher Log 
--------------------- 
20190610070438 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 032. 
20190610070438 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information. 
20190610070438 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe". 
20190610070438 - INFO: File License.xml found in LaunchBox "Y:". 
20190610070438 - INFO: Starting all BigBox procedures. 
20190610070538 - ERROR: Failed to detect BigBox in 60 seconds. Aborting. 
20190610070538 - INFO: All BigBox procedures completed. 
20190610070539 - INFO: Kodi is now active. 
20190610070539 - INFO: Making sure BigBox is now closed...Done. 
20190610070544 - INFO: Removing Mapped Drive Y:. 
20190610070544 - INFO: Exiting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script. 

Here is a picture of my mapping in kodi:

1959015405_2019-06-1007_04_06-Kodi.thumb.png.d828fabcf143e977d2e5094f6cfeb637.png

The connection type is hardline

@nadonate This is a python 2 and 3 compatible smb test file (supports Kodi 19 Matrix). It will install Kodi-Six dependency, if you don't have that installed already the current test file will 'fail' due to no 'Kodi-Six' module found. You must restart Kodi to allow the dependency to active then this addon will work. This test file is also now compatible with updating Launchbox through BigBox (disable auto updater workaround still applies), the previous test file wasn't compatible due to how I created the mapped drive.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

Hmm... no good still. Looks like Kodi closes, the AHK script and black screen launch, than nothing. It doesn't time out, it just doesn't launch BigBox...

Log:

LaunchBoxLauncher Log 
--------------------- 
20190611064631 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 033. 
20190611064631 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information. 
20190611064631 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe". 
20190611064631 - INFO: File License.xml found in LaunchBox "X:\LAUNCHBOX". 
20190611064631 - INFO: Starting all BigBox procedures. 
20190611064632 - INFO: Minimizing or exiting Kodi...Done. 

1 hour ago, nadonate said:

Hmm... no good still. Looks like Kodi closes, the AHK script and black screen launch, than nothing. It doesn't time out, it just doesn't launch BigBox...

Log:

LaunchBoxLauncher Log 
--------------------- 
20190611064631 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 033. 
20190611064631 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information. 
20190611064631 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe". 
20190611064631 - INFO: File License.xml found in LaunchBox "X:\LAUNCHBOX". 
20190611064631 - INFO: Starting all BigBox procedures. 
20190611064632 - INFO: Minimizing or exiting Kodi...Done. 

OK, well Bigbox.exe ran or it would timed out and produced an error. Can you please launch task manager, set it to details view and always on top then use the addon. Check if there is a 7z.exe running when Bigbox launches or if BigBox.exe exits after launch.

4 hours ago, CoinTos said:

Can you please launch task manager, set it to details view and always on top then use the addon. Check if there is a 7z.exe running when Bigbox launches or if BigBox.exe exits after launch.

OK, will do. I'm out of town tonight for work, but I'll definately check on this tomorrow. 

Thanks for your help! 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, CoinTos said:

Can you please launch task manager, set it to details view and always on top then use the addon. Check if there is a 7z.exe running when Bigbox launches or if BigBox.exe exits after launch.

I was able to give this a shot. It appears BigBox opens momentarily than closes, no sign of 7zip..

7 minutes ago, nadonate said:

I was able to give this a shot. It appears BigBox opens momentarily than closes, no sign of 7zip..

Ok, under process tab is it gone from background processes as well?

This is weird one because on my test machine in any version of Kodi, it stalls a little, not responsive due to loading over wifi, no issues on hard line and takes up to about 1gig of ram while loading up (I tested with and without a start up video) and runs without issue. I don't really know how to recreate this. I also did a launchbox update test over the mapped drive with addon and that is when I saw a 7zip extraction on first boot after update that stalled the start up a fair bit more but haven't had anything kill the process like your video suggests.

@nadonate New test file handling BigBox dying before showing a window. Will gracefully clean up the mapped drive created by the Kodi addon before launching the AHK script. It doesn't really fix your issue but will log now if BigBox dies unexpectedly in launch while I still work to understand the issue causing your problem.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

Here is the log:

LaunchBoxLauncher Log 
--------------------- 
20190613185215 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 034. 
20190613185215 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information. 
20190613185215 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe". 
20190613185215 - INFO: File License.xml found in LaunchBox "Z:\LAUNCHBOX". 
20190613185215 - INFO: Starting all BigBox procedures. 
20190613185215 - INFO: BigBox.exe is running. 
20190613185223 - ERROR: BigBox.exe is gone. Aborting. 
20190613185223 - INFO: All BigBox procedures completed. 
20190613185224 - INFO: Kodi is now active. 
20190613185224 - INFO: Making sure BigBox is now closed...Done. 
20190613185229 - INFO: Removing Mapped Drive Z:. 
20190613185229 - INFO: Exiting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script. 

It looks like its closing cleanly. The issue persists though. Why is BigBox closing on its own?

I thought it might be a UAC thing, so I ran both BigBox and Kodi as admin, made no difference. When I have the the launchbox path mapped to a drive it will launch successfully with the older addon....hmm ?

I'll keep troubleshooting it, if you have any more suggestions let me know...

10 hours ago, nadonate said:

I'll keep troubleshooting it, if you have any more suggestions let me know...

OK so lets start with creating the mapping the way you used to and using that mapping folder path in the Kodi addon, should still work the same, aka it loads Bigbox fully. If it doesn't then we have different issue.

If that still works, try manually doing the commands I use to create the mapping. First try running BigBox.exe outside of Kodi and see if does the same closing issue then we know it's could be mapping, permission, or possible a firewall/antivirus issue of some sorts. If it doesn't, then try using the created mapping folder path in Kodi. If that works then it's an addon issue of some sorts with the mapping creation.

; Non=admin cmd prompt
; Without username and password
net use * \\path\to\<dir holding launchbox folder>
; or
net use * \\path\to\<dir holding launchbox folder> /user:username password

C:\<drive>:\<launchbox folder>\BigBox.exe

; After all testing, with and without kodi you can use the following command to remove the mapping
net use <drive>: /delete

So, in this mapping:

"C:\" is actually the drive letter I've mapped my drive to, correct? 

So the path in the addon would be; <mapped drive letter>:\<launchbox folder>\

Also, I've never had to point to the Bigbox executable, in fact it's never appeared when I put in the path within the addon. Is this something I should be seeing? 

18 hours ago, nadonate said:

So, in this mapping:

"C:\" is actually the drive letter I've mapped my drive to, correct? 

So the path in the addon would be; <mapped drive letter>:\<launchbox folder>\

Also, I've never had to point to the Bigbox executable, in fact it's never appeared when I put in the path within the addon. Is this something I should be seeing? 

My bad, I quickly typed that reply at the start of my work day. what i meant was in command prompt (not running prompt as admin mode) run the "net use" mapping command then launch BigBox.exe from that mapped drive's launchbox folder, no Kodi involved in that test. If that works, leave the mapped drive, launch Kodi. point the addon to the launchbox folder on that still existing mapped drive and try launching it. If that works, let me know, then you can remove the mapped drive using the bottom command in command prompt. If any of those don't work, then let me know as well.

But first, try this, I have new test file. I spent most of today cleaning up the error handling, removing all deprecated ahk code found and rewrote it using current recommended standards.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file