About This File
Launches LaunchBox in Big Box mode from within Kodi - It will close or minimize Kodi, launch LaunchBox in Big Box mode and when Big Box is exited Kodi will restart or maximize, with the option to run programs pre/post LaunchBox. It works with Windows only.
BigBox Startup video and splash screen support
BigBox Updater support
Minimize or close Kodi option
Launcher Helper script version check
Supports Kodi 16, Kodi 17, Kodi 18 and Kodi Windows Store versions.
Kodi 16, 17, 18 or Kodi Windows Store for Windows
Due to Windows Store's UWA security restrictions, user must set a save directory under the plugin's Advanced Settings to a directory of the user choice where the plugin's ahk helper script and icon file can be saved.
Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA) using 1.5.4+. Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide taskbar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
Use 'Install from Zip' in Kodi and browse to the directory the plugin's zip was downloaded to and select it.
This plugin requires the user to set the location of their LaunchBox directory in the addon settings before first use. eg. C:\Users\<username>\LaunchBox\
THIS PLUGIN WILL PRODUCE AN ERROR DURING INSTALL IN KODI ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM THAT CANNOT RUN LAUNCHBOX.
SINCE LAUNCHBOX IS CURRENTLY WINDOWS ONLY THAT IS THE ONLY OPERATING SYSTEM THE PLUGIN CURRENTLY SUPPORTS.
ATTENTION: WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID (BOX, SMART TV, ETC.), IOS or MAC AND LINUX.
What's New in Version 1.5.5 See changelog
CHANGES in 1.5.5:
- Hide taskbar option added
- Hide mouse cursor while on Blank Black Gui
- Hide mouse Busy/Wait cursor
- Move mouse cursor to Top Right corner of screen
- Some code clean up for Python 3 prep
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.
- Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA). Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide task bar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
This release is to try to minimize the effects the taskbar has on Kodi UWA and to hide the mouse better for those that don't like to see it. It is already known that the taskbar will raise itself over top of the black Gui the AHK script creates to hide desktop icons and taskbar on non-UWA Kodi whether it is set to AlwaysOnTop or not using Kodi Windows Store verion. So a hide taskbar option was added to reduce it to a thin line at the bottom of the screen. Removing the Cortana search bar is reported to minimize the 'flash' to just start up of the script when it transitions from Kodi to Bigbox.
- Code rewrite in Python 3 compatible
- Back to looking into multiple Launchbox support