About This File
Launches LaunchBox in Big Box mode from within Kodi - It will close or minimize Kodi, launch LaunchBox in Big Box mode and when Big Box is exited Kodi will restart or maximize, with the option to run programs pre/post LaunchBox. It works with Windows only.
BigBox Startup video and splash screen support
BigBox Updater support
Minimize or close Kodi option
Launcher Helper script version check
Supports Kodi 16, Kodi 17, Kodi 18, Kodi 19 and Kodi Windows Store versions.
Kodi 16, 17, 18, 19 or Kodi Windows Store for Windows
Due to Windows Store's UWA security restrictions, user must set a save directory under the plugin's Advanced Settings to a directory of the user choice where the plugin's ahk helper script and icon file can be saved.
Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA) using 1.5.4+. Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide taskbar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
Starting with version 1.5.6, due to windows security restriction on SMB shares over IP (eg. \\192.168.1.1\shared-folder\), the addon will produce an error saying it is not supported. Current workaround is to enable SMB fix in Advance settings to replace IP with supplied server name or enable SMBv1 on server and computer to allow NetBIOS name resolutions in Kodi.
Kodi-six package is now required with 1.5.6+, addon will fail if after first installation of Kodi-six package dependency, Kodi was not restarted.
Use 'Install from Zip' in Kodi and browse to the directory the plugin's zip was downloaded to and select it.
This plugin requires the user to set the location of their LaunchBox directory in the addon settings before first use. eg. C:\Users\<username>\LaunchBox\
THIS PLUGIN WILL PRODUCE AN ERROR DURING INSTALL IN KODI ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM THAT CANNOT RUN LAUNCHBOX.
SINCE LAUNCHBOX IS CURRENTLY WINDOWS ONLY THAT IS THE ONLY OPERATING SYSTEM THE PLUGIN CURRENTLY SUPPORTS.
ATTENTION: WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID (BOX, SMART TV, ETC.), IOS or MAC AND LINUX.
What's New in Version 1.5.7 See changelog
CHANGES in 1.5.7:
- Separate Python 3 version for Kodi 19+ support
- Fixed AutoHotkey location change in 10.12+
- Fixed the blank black window not staying behind BigBox
- Improved Kodi SMB support error handling
- Other minor error handling fixes
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.
- Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA). Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide task bar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
- Due to windows security restriction on SMB shares over IP (eg. \\192.168.1.1\shared-folder\), the addon will produce an error saying it is not supported. Current workaround is to enable SMB fix in Advance settings to replace IP with supplied server name or enable SMBv1 on server and computer to allow NetBIOS name resolutions in Kodi.
- Kodi-six package is now required, addon will fail if after first installation of Kodi-six package dependency, Kodi was not restarted.
This release fixes the AutoHotkey directory change in 10.12, now the script will search the LaunchBox directory for the AutoHotkey.exe allowing it to remaining compatible with previous and future directory changes for Third Party Programs in Launchbox. It will now error out if it doesn't find the AutoHotkey.exe. Also, a bunch of bug fixes and error handling improvements were made for both SMB support and general script handling. Due to changes in Kodi 19, there is no way to have a python 2/3 compatible single package so a separate Python 3 only package is available for Kodi 19 Alpha+ users. This package will upgrade any user with a Kodi 16+ existing install who moves to Kodi 19 just by install it after upgrading to Kodi 19.
- Back to looking into multiple Launchbox support, most likely now a Kodi 19 only feature.