About This File
Launches LaunchBox in Big Box mode from within Kodi - It will close or minimize Kodi, launch LaunchBox in Big Box mode and when Big Box is exited Kodi will restart or maximize, with the option to run programs pre/post LaunchBox. It works with Windows only.
BigBox Startup video and splash screen support
BigBox Updater support
Minimize or close Kodi option
Launcher Helper script version check
Supports Kodi 16, Kodi 17 and Kodi Windows Store versions.
Kodi 16, 17 or Kodi Windows Store for Windows
Due to Windows Store's UWA security restrictions, user must set a save directory under the plugin's Advanced Settings to a directory of the user choice where the plugin's ahk helper script and icon file can be saved.
Use 'Install from Zip' in Kodi and browse to the directory the plugin's zip was downloaded to and select it.
This plugin requires the user to set the location of their LaunchBox directory in the addon settings before first use. eg. C:\Users\<username>\LaunchBox\
THIS PLUGIN WILL PRODUCE AN ERROR DURING INSTALL IN KODI ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM THAT CANNOT RUN LAUNCHBOX.
SINCE LAUNCHBOX IS CURRENTLY WINDOWS ONLY THAT IS THE ONLY OPERATING SYSTEM THE PLUGIN CURRENTLY SUPPORTS.
ATTENTION: WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID (BOX, SMART TV, ETC.), IOS or MAC AND LINUX.
What's New in Version 1.5.3 See changelog
CHANGES in 1.5.3:
- Added a License.xml exists check and alert user if it is missing as this script currently requires LaunchBox Premium.
- Added a check to see if LaunchBox.exe is currently open and tries to gracefully close it.
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.
This release is a bug fix for a couple of reported issues with the addon's Autohotkey script.
- Multiple LaunchBox directories support, thus allowing the user to pick from a list of LaunchBoxes they have added and setup for different purposes.
- License.xml not required support, using LaunchBox (Free or Premium) in full screen LaunchBox mode instead of forcing the use of BigBox mode only.