LaunchBox Community Forums

Only fraction of games pulled in using Import Roms

mrsunshine

Since I'm already asking dumb questions, I might as well toss out another one: I have a software_list directory full of different console directories, each directory full of games. I've been gradually adding consoles to Launchbox, and whenever I do so, I notice that the number of games that are actually imported versus the number of games I have is vastly different. For example, I just imported Odyssey 2 and ended up with 11 games from a directory containing 90 unique .zip files. And since I have everything stored as merged zips (for better or worse), that represents 90 unique (or at least unique-ish) Odyssey 2 games. Only getting 11 out of that seems like something is going wrong, but I'm not sure what I'm messing up.

Frustrating.

Thanks!

Although seems odd that there would be that many, might try this:

Take a couple of zip files you know are not importing and drag drop then into the platform window (or through normal import) but when you get to this last dialog box, make sure to check the "force importing duplicate" games.  It might be the zip file names are confusing and/or considered to be a duplicate (i.e., if one is USA version, and another Europe, it will only import one, not both if don't force).  Other than that would need to see a screen snap of the zip file names that are not importing.  But would try this first and see what happens.

image.thumb.png.c7f410070cf285c7ed83a88a0a3387a1.png

Interestingly, when I dragged in instead of using the import menu option, all the roms seemed to be "seen." I wasn't aware I could do it that way. Discrepancy still seems weird, but this is at least a good work-around. Thanks!

Update/Correction: If I try to drag ALL of them in, I get the same results either way. I can drag them in a few at a time and it works *sometimes* picks up a title that would have been excluded otherwise. Results seem very inconsistent. Force importing on or off makes no difference.

Edited by mrsunshine