LaunchBox Community Forums

Attract mode stopped working

Lorca

I'm not sure when it happened but attract mode has stopped working in bigbox. I keep checking attract mode settings in bigbox but it doesn't seem to matter if I have checked or not. I have restarted the PC multiple times and have tried to find info online. This is in my arcade cab and is a dedicated launch box pc  it will just sit on the same game and never change. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Did a update cause it to stop working? The only thing I haven't tried is to do a full install figured I would ask here first. 

I do not think an update broke anything for it. I have one machine on the latest stable and another on the latest beta and attract mode runs fine. I would recommend doing as @Charco mentioned and set a key then test to see if it runs from the key press. Also check and see if by chance the settings for how long it takes to start attract mode did not get changed. 

If you have any way to record a video of what's happening, that might help. As of yet I'm stumped because I've just never seen that happen before.

Hmmm, actually...I have a guess at least. Maybe you have something on your system (either a keyboard or a game controller, or a virtual version of one) that is sending key or button presses, which would interrupt attract mode. I would suggest trying to unplug all game controllers and any additional input devices other than your mouse and keyboard to see if that helps. Also try stopping any other running programs.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much! This was driving me nuts. I did as you suggested and unplugged my control panel and just left a keyboard connected. Sure enough attract mode was working. After some trial and error I tracked it down to the player 1 coin mech. I would have never figured that out without your suggestion! Thanks again! ?

• Like 1