LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Importing

Drybonz

7 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Does the MAME importing only work with a merged or split set?  I've just run the importer and when I try to launch a game I get a rom not found message.

It works with any set type, you do still need to tell MAME where your roms are however or they will not launch.

So, I removed my split romset and dropped into the same MAME rom folder a complete merged set, went back to Launchbox and it immediately started launching the games properly with no additional changes... so, it really looks like there is some problem with the split romset support.

Edited by Drybonz

4 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

So, I removed my split romset and dropped into the same MAME rom folder a complete merged set, went back to Launchbox and it immediately started launching the games properly with no additional changes... so, it really looks like there is some problem with the split romset support.

To be honest it sounds more like a configuration issue or a bad romset. I am using a split 0.209 romset myself and used the fullset MAME importer and my games are launching just fine.

If I use the MAME importer to import a split romset, same one I have used in the past, which came from the same source most of the people on these forums are using to acquire roms, shouldn't it be looking for the roms named for a split set and finding them?

It shouldn't make any difference whether you use a split or merged set. The new MAME importer doesn't even look at the files for this reason. It just knows "here's what the full set looks like, and here's all the games". This is assuming that you are using new the MAME importer, and not the ROM/file importer.