LaunchBox Community Forums

I don't see any movies in my Bigbox for my Steam games. Is this supported?

mattdawson75

It's very odd, so when I imported the games, none of them had videos. I did it the same way I do my other games that have videos, but it looks like I may have missed a step. Because when I click on the individual Steam games, and click on Edit, and go to "Download image/media," almost all of them are coming up with downloadable movies now.

Is there a way to automatically search and download videos for all the Steam games? I can go 1 by 1 and do it this way, but it'd be great if I could do it faster.

Sorry to bump this, but it definitely seems to have happened for all of my Steam games. It's like they weren't scraped properly.

I have 100's of Steam games and many are missing box art or movies. Not all, but 90% of them. 

So I can click "Edit" on a Steam game, then kind of make it look for Meta data all over again, and for some reason, it's finding new stuff for EVERY game I try this on. 

So it's as if, it didn't really check for most of my games when I imported them all.

I can certainly click through and edit these games individually. But is there a way to make Launchbox kind of search/get the meta data again, and then get the art and movies, automatically? I'm not sure why it didn't do it on import, but clearly the data is there when I go to edit games individually. 

25 minutes ago, mattdawson75 said:

I can certainly click through and edit these games individually. But is there a way to make Launchbox kind of search/get the meta data again, and then get the art and movies, automatically? I'm not sure why it didn't do it on import, but clearly the data is there when I go to edit games individually. 

The import scrape and the edit window scrape are different. The import is much stricter with naming so as to not get a ton of incorrect matches when doing a mass import of games, the edit window check is less strict in that regard when matching, as you have more control and are just searching the one game. This is done as it is easier to fix a few incorrect matches after a import than to have a looser match and have a ton of incorrect matches that need fixing.

Also if you used the steam importer you do not get all the media options you do for normal roms, you only get the Launchbox Database options and zero emumovies media options. This is because that the steam API is actually used to scrape information and to retrieve the steam banner/images and videos.

Finally, the likely reason it finds more art when looking via the edit screen is that emumovies is also used there, so images that were not  found on the Launchbox Database could be available there.

As for the steam videos not downloading, this is a known issue that we are trying to solve. The videos are downloaded directly from the steam page of the game, and for some reason have stopped downloading, we are investigating but its proving to be a very difficult problem to solve.

Personally i use the below plugin that will scrape your steam games and also grab the images and videos.

• Like 2