LaunchBox Community Forums

Re: Escape Key not Closing Emulator (DeSmume)

I have a Problem when exiting a DS emulator called DeSmume... Didn't know what to do...

It's run DS roms Perfectly... No issues were found during gameplay... My problem was when i pressed ESC...

In the Application.... It's says that Alt+F4 is the Exit Button... But i want it into ESC Button

Can Autohotkey Scripts can Help?

Would someone give me some Hints to Solved it?|

P.S - My DeSmume doesn't have any AHK Scripts in the AHK Scripts TAB... Would you give me some?

Thanks in Advance :D :D !! 

26 minutes ago, Justine Randell said:

@Retro808 I already Test the 2 Samples you suggest... But one of them wasn't working... :( 
Er... Another Idea, Or script...?

You said "One of them is not working"...so does one actually work for you? Are you putting the AHK in the right place?

I do not use Desmume, but just installed it and set it up using the below AHK and it works fine.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

From your image it looks like you are launching an exe and not a vbs. You have the emulator path as DeSmuME_X432R_X64.exe. That's the exe for the Japanese fork.

Here is an old post about launching desmume from a vbs in Launchbox. The last post advises to use one of the AHK I posted as well.

I just set up the version you have in your pic as well and it works with the same AHK. Not sure why it is not working for you. Any chance you have another Desmume emulator setup (one for the vbs) in Launchbox and you are editing the wrong one with the AHK?

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

From your image it looks like you are launching an exe and not a vbs. You have the emulator path as DeSmuME_X432R_X64.exe. That's the exe for the Japanese fork.

Here is an old post about launching desmume from a vbs in Launchbox. The last post advises to use one of the AHK I posted as well.

I just set up the version you have in your pic as well and it works with the same AHK. Not sure why it is not working for you. Any chance you have another Desmume emulator setup (one for the vbs) in Launchbox and you are editing the wrong one with the AHK?

Capture.JPG

The VBS file isn't Working... Yes it's emulates in Full-screen Mode... But the ESC Button to exit isn't Working

1 hour ago, Justine Randell said:

The VBS file isn't Working...

OK Well, now I am confused. if it is not working why did you say earlier you are using the vbs?

4 hours ago, Justine Randell said:

Oh!!! Sorry I've forgot!! I'm not using the executable Files instead i'm using the VB Script file... :D :D :D :D Thank you..!!

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

OK Well, now I am confused. if it is not working why did you say earlier you are using the vbs?

Ok... First.. I'm using the VBS file... before i Report it in our Forums...

then i use the EXE file...

Due to the 2 Options;

1. VBS - Yes it's Fullscreen but can't exit the Emu using the ESC :) 

2. EXE - Yes it can close the Emu by the Scripts you provided.. but can't launch at Fullscreen... :) 

but thank you for you help @Retro808, you're the legend ❤️ Thank you Very much...
Ahmm.... I think this Topic is now FIXED thanks to you...

Don't be confused.. It's so easy... if we only have DeSMume Command-lines... But it seems there isn't have any fullscreen Option..
Or Editing the Hotkey Config... OK Thank you! ❤️  :D 

Nuh uh... Not working Bro.... JUST KIDDING!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! That SCRIPTS HELP ME!!! THANK YOU  THANK YOU!! I owe my life for you!!!! 
I think i'm in love with you bro... Just kiddin' HAHAHAHAAHAHH :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D  we took 7 Hrs.. to solve this problem!! What a relief... :D Thank you bro you save my life!!!