LaunchBox Community Forums

Script To launch DesMume in fullscreen automatically with LaunchBox.

Script To launch DesMume in fullscreen automatically with LaunchBox.

View File

Hi,

I made this script to start DeSmuMe (Stand-alone. Not RetroArch) in fullscreen automatically.

These are the steps for using the script:

1) Extract the attached file "desmume.zip" in the folder where you have the executable of the emulator. 

2) Open "desmume.vbs" with a text editor and replace "DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86.exe" with your executable file name. Save the file "desmume.vbs"

3) On launchbox go to Tools / Manage Emulators, select your DeSmuMe emulator and click Edit.

4) In "Emulator Application Path" select "desmume.vbs" file (Filter All Files in Browse) instead of the emulator executable.

In "Default command-line parameters" enter "/rompath:"

Check the option "No space before ROM"

Click okdesmume.png

4) Play Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ B| (If you bought it )

I'm a noob in vbscript, if you know an easier way to solve this problem, tips are welcome.

(Sorry for bad Great Britainnnish)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@katsu For the first message you can uncheck "Always..." and click open it won't pop up there after with Open/Cancel dialog and the second screenshot error is because the script specified "DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86.exe" as the exe and your doesn't match the one in your DeSmuME folder. Change that to match your DeSmuME exe and you will be fine.

@CoinTos I did specify it as what you instructed but its still having the same error...

k4fmg7.jpg

BTW this is how it looks like on Edit Emulator Page

255qlo1.jpg

And this is how it looks like in the associated platforms tab...

331hxk6.jpg

Edited by katsu

@CoinTos OMG I got it working bro thank you so much! xD I suffered a lot of sleepless nights figuring this out and thanks to you it's finally fix :D

And since you've been very dependable, I hope you can also provide a solution to some of this questions/wishes: 9_9

1.)  Do you know a way that when I double click the game it automatically closes the LaunchBox program/window?  

2.) And also do you know  a way that when I want to close the game i just press esc on the keyboard and it closes the emulator completely?

6 minutes ago, katsu said:

@CoinTos OMG I got it working bro thank you so much! xD I suffered a lot of sleepless nights figuring this out and thanks to you it's finally fix :D

And since you've been very dependable, I hope you can also provide a solution to some of this questions/wishes: 9_9

1.)  Do you know a way that when I double click the game it automatically closes the LaunchBox program/window?  

2.) And also do you know  a way that when I want to close the game i just press esc on the keyboard and it closes the emulator completely?

If both were a requirement an external program/script would be required as launchbox would be closed. For number 2 only, you could do it with the built in autohotkey script support in emulator's management window.

For number 1 you can set LB to minimize when you open the emulator and come back on screen when you close it from Tools > Options. If you want to completely close I don't know how you would go about that but if you just want to hide it this option works.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are having trouble using retroarch (desmume). Some games work other don't . So you want to run desmume_0.9.11_x64 by itself because it runs all outside of launchbox.

I used the very good script (that works but can not exit). Did all of the above.

My solution: You have to have all your rom files in .zip format. If they are in .rar or .7z they will not work.

launchbox with retroarch (desmume) working just like in the tutorial. Perfect run and exit of all games.

Just hope this might help someone.

The .vbs script made by Sdentau92 at start of post. Just follow his instructions and It works great, but to exit . I had to use Alt-F4 to exit desmume and return to launchbox.

With retroach with (desmume_libreto.dll)core some games worked and some did not(just white screen). And i noticed the roms in ".zip" file all worked. The roms in ".rar" or ".7z" did not(white Screen) and i could run games and exit with launchbox. So i changes all roms to ".zip" and all now run and exit in launchbox.

I do not use the script any more . I now use retroarch with desume_libreto.dll core and launch all roms in full screen and exit in launchbox. All my roms are in ".zip" files now and all i have tried work.

I am using beta 10 of launchbox.