LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause screens do not consistently open in Bigbox

JaysArcade

Just like the title says. Pause works 3 or 4 times then it stops opening at all. The Pause screen won't open at all in any game or system until I close Bigbox and open it again. Launchbox does not appear to be having this issue. Is there something in my setup that could be causing it, or are others seeing this issue too? I have to say, when it works, it works well. Well done Jason.

BTW, I'm mostly testing it with Retroarch if that makes any difference.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:50 PM, JaysArcade said:

Just like the title says. Pause works 3 or 4 times then it stops opening at all. The Pause screen won't open at all in any game or system until I close Bigbox and open it again. Launchbox does not appear to be having this issue. Is there something in my setup that could be causing it, or are others seeing this issue too? I have to say, when it works, it works well. Well done Jason.

BTW, I'm mostly testing it with Retroarch if that makes any difference.

It is hard to say what could be causing it. We have seen pause working very well with Retroarch. Have you tested making sure all other programs are closed to reduce the risk of something else affecting the process? Are you seeing it with any core you use or only certain ones? Just taking a stab in the dark here. Have you tested with any other emulator?

On 5/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, Retro808 said:

Have you tested with any other emulator?

Not extensively, but I do have MAME (non-retroarch) running and it pauses just fine until Pause stops working altogether as noted previously. This only seems to be happening in Bigbox. In Launchbox, the pause works flawlessly.

I don't have anything else running that would cause an issue like external AHKs or anything like that. No joytokey, XPadder or anything like that either. I previously was using the WOOTLauncher pause screens as a plugin, but I removed it altogether to test the new pause screens. Just seems odd that I'm having the issue in Bigbox and not Launchbox.

Use Alt-TAB to see what windows are active.  Will that work with BigBox? I am convinced  the window switching gets confused and that we can find a pattern. If I use cntrl-alt-esc and terminate the emulator I regain control. Sometimes the game is still playing. You can hear it then see it in the preview window.

• Like 1