LaunchBox Community Forums

HS/LB

Lilg1983

Just thought I would throw out there A little Something HS or Hyperspin= Headache 3 months in and still not finished setting up everything on the other hand you have game specific Themes but me personally I do not care to have all them themes for each game for 1 Lets say I have 15 systems including Mame just think how many themes I would have most likely and I am guessing 10 Gigs just in themes if not more not to mention the 100's of gigs in games and video, box, and cart art as well now on the other hand you have Launch box 3 months in 15 systems including 100's of gigs in games and videos, box, and cart art and lets see 2 months prior I was done and playing games and I have no need for any Advil for a headache That's how easy Launch box is....        

For sure, launchbox is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to setup.  So much more streamlined.  The themes are kind of fun for hyperspin, but it lacks so much that it doesn't matter to me.  I kept rocketlauncher because it still has platform and game specific joy2key keymapper, and bezels, which I spent so much time setting up and worked great so I kept it.  You can't even navigate hyperspin with a joystick because of a bug that has been there since 2013.  It's basically dead for all intents and purposes.

1 hour ago, Lilg1983 said:

That's how easy Launch box is....        

This topic/thread has reminded me once again why I gave up on HS years ago and inspired me to pay tribute to "The Late Show with David Letterman" :)

Top 10 reasons to use HS in 2019:

10. Still in love with Windows XP

9. Living in a cave (a real one)

8. Haven't figured out how to adjust the monitor screen dimensions beyond 1024x768

7. Haven't checked any emulation-related news since 2007

6. Bought a crappy hard drive with HS built-in from someone named Chris

5. Have a fear of boxes and anything with the ability to launch

4. Never get tired of those bloated-looking graphics and seizure-inducing spinning wheel in glorious full screen

3. Want to get as much as possible out of that lifetime HS membership

2. Still enjoying the benefits of an overclocked AMD Athlon computer

1. Because life is all about being hyper and spinning in a frenzy

In all seriousness, I did enjoy HS for a while and it certainly paved the way for bigger and much better things to come, such as LaunchBox/BigBox :)

On 6/5/2019 at 3:51 AM, Lordmonkus said:

Yeah, no question it paved the way for front ends to come so it deserves the respect and credit of the emulation and front end community.

Agreed it did pave the way and don't get me wrong I love it all the fancy bells and whistles game themes and all it is just to hard to set up I know how to set everything up in HS but LB is so much more easier I do give Credit to the HS team for a great front end it was fun while I used it 

Edited by Lilg1983