LaunchBox Community Forums

What type of ROMs to use?

Carltron

Gday,

Extreme noob here. When it comes to roms and romsets, do i need to use a certain type of ROM? Do they have to be in sets or can I piece a console together using different roms? I was told that No Intro are the best ones to use but I cant find certain no intro roms for certain consoles like MAME for instance. There are so many different types of the same games I don't know which ones i need. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can't really help you find roms or anything of that nature, but the no-intro sets work best with most other emulators besides MAME. Try using Retroarch. It works with several consoles, handhelds, computers, and so on. For example, it has the ability to emulate the Atari 2600, Nintendo NES, Sony PlayStation, and many more. You can find it here: Retroarch

• Thanks 1

No intro is for console systems up to the 16bit era only (also Sega 32X but thats really just Megadrive). No intro is the recommended set for those systems, but really you can use whatever you want as long as the emulators you are going to use supports that format. Also if you have something other than NO-Intro then you may have issues with scraping in Launchbox if they are poorly named.

Edit:

Oh and N64 is in No-Intro also.

• Thanks 1