LaunchBox Community Forums

Fix it Felix Jr exe with wrapper focus

barbedwiredave

Hey everybody, 

I'm getting FFJ set up with the wrapper exe that allows bezel and setting adjustments.  Problem in having is launching with launchbox, it works fine if I launch it with the exe outside of launchbox.  When I launch inside launchbox the wrapper loads the bezels and the game but the game is never in focus and is a black screen in the middle of the bezel until I mouse click it.  From my understanding the wrapper launches then pauses to launch the game then resumes after game launch.  So how can I get refocus on the game after everything is launched? 

Thanks for any help

1 hour ago, barbedwiredave said:

Hey everybody, 

I'm getting FFJ set up with the wrapper exe that allows bezel and setting adjustments.  Problem in having is launching with launchbox, it works fine if I launch it with the exe outside of launchbox.  When I launch inside launchbox the wrapper loads the bezels and the game but the game is never in focus and is a black screen in the middle of the bezel until I mouse click it.  From my understanding the wrapper launches then pauses to launch the game then resumes after game launch.  So how can I get refocus on the game after everything is launched? 

Thanks for any help

Are you using the latest version of Launchbox that has Startup screen? If so, If you have Startup enabled try turning it off for that game and see if it helps. You can right click the game and edit then go to the Startup/Pause tab and choose override. Then make sure Startup is unchecked.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, barbedwiredave said:

Thanks Retro808!  That fixed it! 

Glad you are sorted. Keep in mind the new Startup and Pause screen options can be adjusted per emulator and per game which is useful for things like Windows game. Take a look at the options in Startup and Pause settings as you may need to adjust them per emulator/game to get them to work properly. Or you may need to turn it off if it just will not work. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, lildivaaa said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you add Fix-It Felix Jr. to Launchbox? Was it under DOS games, Windows games, etc. Can someone give me some instructions regarding this please?

Thank you,

Craig - Atlanta, Ga.

there’s a version of it that has a bezel and settings.  you simply drag the exe into launchbox, pick windows as the platform. tweak it as retro said. it works well!