LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up Default images 9.10

Detran

• 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, fredistehboss said:

I set my default "cart - front" for Atari Jaguar CD, but it doesn't come up for the "cart - front" images in Big Box and just shows the "box - front" How may I fix this?

It will depend on the theme you are using. If the theme is calling for a box-front image it doesnt matter if you have a cart-front image it will still show what is was designed to show, in this case a box-front. You could go to tools/options/box priorities in Launchbox and check cart-front and move it to the top of the list, but this will mean cart-front will show everywhere that a box-front is supposed to show.

24 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It will depend on the theme you are using. If the theme is calling for a box-front image it doesnt matter if you have a cart-front image it will still show what is was designed to show, in this case a box-front. You could go to tools/options/box priorities in Launchbox and check cart-front and move it to the top of the list, but this will mean cart-front will show everywhere that a box-front is supposed to show.

I'm using the Unified Refried theme with the 3D box and "cart" view. I have switched between the other Unified themes, and none of the "default carts" would appear, even after using "refresh all images" in general options of BigBox. I had installed "Default Assets" so I'm pretty sure those "defaults" should come up, including the "default box-front" from the default assets package, which doesn't, and instead shows the actual box-front for the actual game.

Edited by fredistehboss

1 minute ago, fredistehboss said:

I'm using the Unified Refried theme with the 3D box and "cart" view. I have switched between the other Unified themes, and none of the "default carts" would appear, even after using "refresh all images" in general options of BigBox. I had installed "Default Assets" so I'm pretty sure those "defaults" should come up, including the "default box-front" from the default assets package, which doesn't, and instead shows the actual box-front for the actual game.

Well what is it showing there? The default images will only show if you dont have a actual game-cart image, so if you have a cart image for a game it will show it, if you do not have a image for that game it will show the default instead. Also check your cart-front priorities in Launchbox, if you have other image types selected there unselect them as it will show what you have set there in order, so uncheck everything except the carts, so that is all that it will show.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 3:11 AM, neil9000 said:

Also check your cart-front priorities in Launchbox, if you have other image types selected there unselect them as it will show what you have set there in order, so uncheck everything except the carts, so that is all that it will show.

Thank you so much, I was not aware of this.

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, Retro808 said:

It is not a folder, you set a specific image. In the edit just choose to add an image in the right hand section of the window where the images display. Select your image and then select the label for default. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 6.47.03 PM.png

Hi, this no longer works in the recent versions... how do I set this default box art for my platform now?

I placed the Nintendo 3DS.png file in a newly created "default 3D Box' in the images folder for this specific platform, but it doesn't pick it up...I have the same image/file-format for my PS1 system (named to 'Sony Playstation.png') and it finds it and works just fine...

image.thumb.png.1ee6188f64ee48d9a79170aeb730939f.png

2 minutes ago, cleverest said:

@Jason Carr - Sorry to tag you, but was this feature that was removed in later versions of LB? ^^^ See above right click menu differences in platforms. Is there no longer an active option to set Default Box art for a platform? My old PS1 set ones are working, but I can't add my 3DS...using version 11.7 of LB.

No it was not removed.

Working fine here. On latest stable release and tested on the last released beta just in case. If you click on the button with the image type name (the one next to the Plus symbol what does it show.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 9.20.32 AM.png

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

No it was not removed.

Working fine here. On latest stable release and tested on the last released beta just in case. If you click on the button with the image type name (the one next to the Plus symbol what does it show.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 9.20.32 AM.png

All I get (from clicking that button OR right-clicking) is this:

:-(

image.png.b1fd5d026c1b86fc95edeb447387621d.png

My version is the latest stable:

image.thumb.png.612ec5a7db8474f63ad6685b6755663c.png

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I dont have those options either for defaults.

image.thumb.png.61e0ae0ebde47caad5dd41f218a67d62.png

However, i have never needed to do that for default artwork, it just goes in the correct folder and is automatically detected, i have never had to do anything in the edit screen to get them to show.

hmm I'm lost then...because I'm doing the same thing for 3DS as I am for Playstation 1 which was done with earlier versions of LB ...so I'm confused why the 3DS won't show..I appreciate you trying to help BTW.

This is my PS1 folder/file layout and my 3ds folder/file layout:

image.thumb.png.06af1af5ebbcfe9a76b9375ce8684515.png

image.png.287cb53fce2a74d18f5ecbc3d545962b.png

3DS

image.thumb.png.1a4aa108a1f9715eeab6a8da472d81e9.png

image.png.ac5aa322a3e1df1327caa7d222182989.png

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Your folder structure is wrong, they go in Images/Platforms/name of platform/name of image type.

image.thumb.png.e450acb93e1acef2310c961ca27ff2ad.png

Ahhh I missed that...all my images across the entire collection load fine, but I guess the defaults have to be in that format...I'll try that next.