LaunchBox Community Forums

Highlighting portions of text in Edit Game - Title

Lardycake

Hi. 

Sorry, just a small issue since the latest update. I can no longer highlight portions of the text by dragging the cursor in "Edit Game - Title". All info fields below Title suffer from the same issue. Fields within the bottom tabs - Root Folder etc. seem fine.  I can still highlight partial text with Shift and the cursor key but not the mouse. Any ideas? 

image.thumb.png.4f398c3372793f515244cc6b282485f6.pngThanks

Lardy

I have this same behavior as well.  Seems to have popped up somewhere in the last few versions since that was not how worked in the past.  As noted it is limited to the details fields whereas the tab fields work as expected.  Also noted the "version" field works fine so looks like anything that is drop down exhibits the issue.

This is pretty strange, but I've confirmed that Windows is doing it for some reason. Not sure if it's Windows 10-specific, but I would guess that it is. I installed LaunchBox 8.0, which was a version even before .Next, and it does the same thing. Must have been a Windows update I guess. :/

Seems to be only happening for any fields that are also drop downs.  For example, you can also edit/select with the mouse the Version field in the top section, but none of the others, which are drop downs.  Not sure why, but that seems to be the key difference that I can spot which is stopping it from being able to be selected with the mouse.

8 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

Seems to be only happening for any fields that are also drop downs.  For example, you can also edit/select with the mouse the Version field in the top section, but none of the others, which are drop downs.  Not sure why, but that seems to be the key difference that I can spot which is stopping it from being able to be selected with the mouse.

Yeah, and that's weird too because there are two types of drop downs: the drop downs with the checkboxes, and the standard Windows dropdowns. Both use the standard Windows drop downs underneath though, so I guess that's why they're all like that.

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This is pretty strange, but I've confirmed that Windows is doing it for some reason. Not sure if it's Windows 10-specific, but I would guess that it is. I installed LaunchBox 8.0, which was a version even before .Next, and it does the same thing. Must have been a Windows update I guess. :/

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. I shall have to re-program my muscle memory :)

Cheers

• Like 1