LaunchBox Community Forums

Box Art Image Selection

Carl84uk

hello Iv just installed launchbox and got a few games installed like the resident evil ps1 collection im trying to get all the uk box art covers to appear but it does not seem to work i download all the versions of the box art covers jap usa german uk. I was wondering how i select the cover i want, when i get the image i want in the menu i go click ok and nothing changes it still has the wrong cover is this possible to change or do i have to delete every image out of the lauchbox directory so it is forced to load only the one i leave in the folder.

Have you set your region priorities in Launchbox? The region priorities help for prioritizing imports and displayed images. 

If not go to >Tools>Options then click "Region Priorities". You can select all the ones you want and then order them by preference. Or only select one if you want. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 10.23.34 AM.png

18 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Have you set your region priorities in Launchbox? The region priorities help for prioritizing imports and displayed images. 

If not go to >Tools>Options then click "Region Priorities". You can select all the ones you want and then order them by preference. Or only select one if you want. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 10.23.34 AM.png

Would be cool to have such option per system. Would help to have a jap 9nlz system divided from rest of the world in launchbox, else will be a mess

• 2 years later...

There is a way that works really well. Right click the game and go to Edit - Edit Metadata. On the left, go to Images. You will see all the images you have downloaded for the game. You can add images from your PC here too. Up in the top right the picture is labeled. "Box - 3D", "Advertisement Flyer - Front", "Arcade - Cabinet", and so on. Find the image you want to use. Right click the image and go to "Image Type" - "Box Front Images" - "Advertisement Flyer - Front". Then go through the rest of the images and find the one(s) already labeled "Advertisement Flyer - Front" and change the label to something else. I used  "Advertisement Flyer - Back". There can be multiple pictures with the same label, so check them all. Then hit OK in the bottom left. It should now display the game with the picture you labeled "Advertisement Flyer - Front".

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 11:47 AM, sundogak said:

There is no way to set a cover as default on per game basis at this point.

So that's why. Hope something like "Set as Default Cover" per game is implemented. Most of the time, the automatic default covers are correct but there could be 1 or 2 that misses so we could just manually assign those.

On 3/25/2022 at 2:56 AM, MaxxFawver said:

There is a way that works really well. Right click the game and go to Edit - Edit Metadata. On the left, go to Images. You will see all the images you have downloaded for the game. You can add images from your PC here too. Up in the top right the picture is labeled. "Box - 3D", "Advertisement Flyer - Front", "Arcade - Cabinet", and so on. Find the image you want to use. Right click the image and go to "Image Type" - "Box Front Images" - "Advertisement Flyer - Front". Then go through the rest of the images and find the one(s) already labeled "Advertisement Flyer - Front" and change the label to something else. I used  "Advertisement Flyer - Back". There can be multiple pictures with the same label, so check them all. Then hit OK in the bottom left. It should now display the game with the picture you labeled "Advertisement Flyer - Front".

I actually did this just now. For me, I set the Fanart - Box - Front to Box - Front because the fanart was more uniform. This is specially true for arcade games where there isn't really an official cover art so fanmade media looks better. Or sometimes, the automatic scraper misses a game or 2, and you can just manually update those instead of (re)importing an image pack.

Edited by k_rollo