LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox focus not returning on game exit

JedExodus

Hey guys. Have this issue and not exactly sure what's causing it. It seemed to start after the latest update but I installed a buncha stuff around the same time so not sure what the main source of the problem is.

On exiting games in BB focus does not return correctly a lot of the time. Furthermore if I have LB desktop mode open and minimised and I go to say watch a YouTube video in full screen, the taskbar will be present, this stops immediately after closing LB.

Programs that I have installed that I would suspect of maybe causing issues 

- MSI Afterburner (RivaTuner minimised and disabled by default)

- Touchmote

- SteamLauncher Plugin (BB seems to behave better with this disabled but I can't understand why this one would cause my taskbar to stay up when I open a fullscreen browser vid)

Has anyone experienced similar. Any help or reports if similar very much appreciated. Cheers!

Disabling startup screens fixed this issue for me. It seemed to only be introduced for me when I updated to 9.10, will keep them off until next release and try again. I know i'm running a whole pile of stuff in that is greedy for focus but if @Jason Carr (not so subtle cry for dev help) gets it fixed in 9.11 that'd be amazing.

It's obviously not a show stopper, but as luxury features go it is one I miss

@JedExodus I'm pretty sure nothing really changed with the startup screens for the 9.10 release, so I'm doubtful that the issue has anything to do with the 9.10 release. I'm betting that it would still happen with previous releases.

Unfortunately, the startup screens can be sensitive to bad drivers and sometimes even background applications; I can't really say for sure what would be causing it on your system, unfortunately. Most likely it's being caused by one of those things. As much as I'd love to fix that for everyone in all situations, I really can't; I held off on implementing startup and pause screens for ages because there's no way to implement them without using hacks, so naturally, we just have to deal with the occasional issue like this. I would first try making sure that you're drivers are all up to date. Video drivers especially.