LaunchBox Community Forums

start up video help

EdOfWales

Last thing. In videos I've watched it shows that in bigbox options, general. You can edit the length of the startup play time. Yet this option isn't in my general settings of my bigbox? Has it been moved to a different location because I can't find it. 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, EdOfWales said:

Last thing. In videos I've watched it shows that in bigbox options, general. You can edit the length of the startup play time. Yet this option isn't in my general settings of my bigbox? Has it been moved to a different location because I can't find it. 

Thanks in advance 

That's an old setting. BigBox now plays through the length of your videos before dropping you into the UI. I believe you can hit a button during the video as well to go straight into BigBox instead of watching the whole video. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, Retro808 said:

That's an old setting. BigBox now plays through the length of your videos before dropping you into the UI. I believe you can hit a button during the video as well to go straight into BigBox instead of watching the whole video. 

I was wondering about this, after the start up video plays theres  a delay/ black screen for around 15 seconds before the wheels appear/launch.

34 minutes ago, nine4v said:

I was wondering about this, after the start up video plays theres  a delay/ black screen for around 15 seconds before the wheels appear/launch.

Then your Bigbox takes longer to load than the length of your startup video. The startup video just covers the loading and gives you something nice to look at as it does so. If it ends to soon you need to use a longer video that better fits the load time, or just put up with the black screen that you have now. Bigbox loading times will be dependent on system specs and game library size including playlists as auto populated ones can take a while to populate at launch, so it will be different for every user.