LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari 2600 games wont open

Awood

I watched a tutorial to help with this, but it's not working right.  I loaded the Atari 2600 Roms into Launchbox and everything looks great.  I have retroarch as the emulator and downloaded the 2600 core into it.  However, when I click on a game the processing wheel spins for a second and then nothing happens.

Make sure that you have the correct core selected in the Associated Platforms tab in the Edit Emulator window in LB.

Also make sure that the platform name in the Associated Platforms match the platform your 2600 games are imported into.

That's my first guess without any more information.

So upon further investigation I had the Vista version of retroarch installed.  I deleted and installed the windows 10 version.  So now I get a window that pops up, but it stays black and the sound I get is like choppy music.

11 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I updated to the latest version of retroarch a month ago I think, I did a fresh install also downloading the latest cores, but the a2600 core (stella I believe) wasn't working, so I took the old core from a backup and it worked again, so there might be something wrong with the new core.

It was busted at first, but is working fine now.

• Thanks 1

So my issue seems to be with Retroarch.  I'm new to this whole thing.  My retroarch download is recent.  When I try to load Atart games a black screen comes up and I get those boxes where text should be and nothing happens.  When I load a Sega Genesis game the audio is choppy and video is slow.  I have a different emmulator for Super Nintendo and it works fine.  So, maybe something in the Audio/Video settings?  I've checked to make sure my drivers are up to date.