LaunchBox Community Forums

Questions with Min Requirements for LaunchBox

arcade_portal32

I have a weird setup I want to try LaunchBox on even if it winds up being slow as a turtle lol.

I could not find a Min Spec Requirement list other then it requires Windows 7 & Up.

I have a Dell Dimensions L1000R I use on my TV in my room for emulators and it has Windows 7 installed but

it is throwing up an error when I try to use it.

This is the error it it giving me...

Win7

LaunchBox has stopped working....

Event Name: APPCRASH

APP NAME: LaunchBox.exe

APP Version: 9.10.00

Fault Mod Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Exception Code: e0434352

Offset: 0000d3cf

and some other minor stuff

GPU is a nVidia GeForce EVGA 6200

Edit: So the PC is not quite stock but def not new

The PC is not connected to the internet much so I can't take a screenshot of what is happening.

Edited by arcade_portal32

Hi arcade, unfortunately those error details don't help me out much to determine what the problem is, but my guess is that the issue is likely outdated software. If you can connect it to the Internet and try to install all Windows updates, I'm guessing that would likely fix it. Windows 7 is supported, but only when it's fully updated.

This might be my issue.... I will scroll through some updates, but I also hear fully updating my PC might brick it as it lacks SSE2 and the last few updates at least are known for bricking Windows 7 as they require the feature on your PC.

...and Windows 7 never made to run with lower then 512MB of ram as it is currently doing right now... lol

I have tried RetroArch, but there WinXP & Below support is bad even though its an option. The Windows XP options does not work at all from what people have said... I cannot get it to run, and supposedly has a very small list of emulators you can use even if your PC can run them, which mine has gotten even PS2 Emulation to work... though its a tad slow lol