LaunchBox Community Forums

Dreamcast Exporting

cliffyb73

Anyone else having trouble exporting Dreamcast games? Doesnt matter what I do or which way I try it will only export the media. I have even tried dragging the games directlly into the folder but it wont open them that way, say they dont exist when they do.

Although if it supported the Redreem emulator life would be  a lot easier lol

Hi cliffy, is Redreem supported on Android? I can look into adding it if it is.

I know Dreamcast is working for a number of users, so it must be a one-off issue of sorts. The only thing I can think of is maybe your games are pointed to ROM files while your games are zipped, or something of that nature. Can you check the ROM path for the games?

Lol, Redream is already supported with the Android app. I got too many emulators swimming around in my mind.

Are you able to launch the games on the desktop? I've never seen that as an issue, other than if the files don't actually exist or aren't pointed to working files. What file extension are they?

I have redream (full paid app) installed on my unit and the launchbox app isn't picking it up in the emulator settings. 

I'm in bed now so will double check everything is working on my pc version tomorrow.

I appreciate you trying to help buddy, I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Edited by cliffyb73
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Krazyg said:

I have some dreamcast games and when I launch any game it only shows one playable game in the emulator. Any suggestions to make them work? Using redream emulator 

Screenshot_20190917-095800.jpg

Screenshot_20190917-095815_redream.jpg

Redream has been tested successfully, though admittedly not by me. It should be booting straight into the game. Is Redream all up to date? Do your games work in Redream if you manually load them up? Try changing the extract ROMs setting for the platform.

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Redream has been tested successfully, though admittedly not by me. It should be booting straight into the game. Is Redream all up to date? Do your games work in Redream if you manually load them up? Try changing the extract ROMs setting for the platform.

Yes it's up to date. No redream only recognizes one game out all the games. How would i extract Roms? 

9 minutes ago, Krazyg said:

The one that's circled is the only one that opens from launchbox android. 

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, I'm not overly familiar with CDI and GDI files, but I'm guessing that Redream on Android just doesn't support those GDI files. I don't think that's a LaunchBox issue. As far as I know, GDI files do not need extracted, as they are not archives.

GDI files are like .cue, look at the sizes of them that image, they are mere bytes in size, you are missing the main files.

If you 7z your gdi file with the .bin and .raw tracks they will extract and run fine.  They only game I had a problem with was Gauntlet Legends.  I ended up exporting the gdi file and manually added the .raw and .bin files. I wouldn't be able to do the manual method for any other games because there would be a conflict with matching files.  Fortunately the other games i wanted to play work fine 7z.

Edited by laprocket