LaunchBox Community Forums

GPD XD and Launchbox

Akis

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I'll be improving the exporter in the future to better identify connected files, but that feature will probably never be perfect. If you're looking at bin/cue files though, they should be picked up properly, assuming the bin and the cue are named the same.

Regardless, sorry you're disappointed in it.

Im confident this app will get better with time. I use pc launchbox all the time and love it.    

Is the theme support in the works for the android version?

10 minutes ago, meshflesh said:

Im confident this app will get better with time. I use pc launchbox all the time and love it.    

Is the theme support in the works for the android version?

I honestly haven't started on that yet, but it is planned. I have a lot of other stuff to tackle first though.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, Jason Carr said:

Not likely. We're using the proper Android API calls for Android to tell us where the storage locations are. However, I think the version of Android on the original GPD XD devices is just too old to support multiple folders being returned. I'll be looking into it soon to see if I can manually check for /storage/sdcard1.

Hey there,

Jason if you could look into that as well (when you can of course) that would nice for us. Thanks man.

I can't get the Android transfer utility to work with my GPD either. This may be a different problem though? I have no external storage and am just trying to use the internal storage for now. (Manly playing nes, snes, sega) so internal should be plenty big for this.

I am running Windows 10. Launchbox is updated to 10.5. 

This error is poped up when I try to do the transfer by usb automatically. If I try the manual way.  Where I copy the android folder that launchbox creates and drag it into the gpdxd's internal storage (SD Card) Windows 10 just dings at me and nothing happens. I also notice I can not transfer any files into the ANDROID folder on my gpdxd, However I can copy and drag games and stuff to other folders on the gpdxd while connected to my PC. It is as if GPDXD or Windows 10 does not want me to copy files to the ANDROID folder inside the gpdxd. 

For me the Storage folder is called "SD Card" . That is what Windows 10 shows me for the gpdxd.

Here is the error message I get. I hope I did this right:

"

Version: 10.5
Type:    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Site:    Void NewFolder(System.String, System.Object)
Source:  Interop.Shell32

at Shell32.Folder.NewFolder(String bName, Object vOptions)
   at (ExportToAndroidCopyingWizardPageViewModel )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ExportToAndroidCopyingWizardPageViewModel.<OnActivated>b__10_1()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (Action , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (ExportToAndroidCopyingWizardPageViewModel )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ExportToAndroidCopyingWizardPageViewModel.<OnActivated>b__10_0()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Queue>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

1:59:34 PM Music.Prepare Start
   1:59:34 PM Music.Kill Start
   1:59:34 PM Music.Kill Finished
   1:59:34 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   1:59:34 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:59:37 PM Music.Play Start
   1:59:37 PM Music.Kill Start
   1:59:37 PM Music.Kill Finished
   1:59:37 PM Music.Play Empty Music Path
   1:59:37 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   1:59:37 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   2:00:06 PM Exception

"

@g0d53nd Ugh, it looks like either Windows is messed up in the way that it communicates with your phone, or your phone is messed up, one of the two. I haven't seen that before, unfortunately. If you have another computer available to you, you might try that. I'm really not sure how that functionality would get messed up. You might try rebooting both your PC and your phone to see if that makes any difference.

Update: 

I used my windows 7 machine. This recognized my GPD XD as "XD" instead of "Nexus 5" like my windows 10 computer. I am assuming it is a driver issue. 

Having it being recognized as an "XD" this allowed me to get my games on the device without issue. The catch was that the automatic way of getting the games on there through the USB put up the same error. However the manual way of doing it, worked just fine. Does not bother me any that I have to do it manually, however, I will still be trying different stuff during the weekend since that is when I have much more time to mess with this.

• Like 1

@Jason CarrFound me some extra time to figure it out. I got it to work and it works perfectly now.

To anyone having the same problem with their windows 10 and gpd xd as me

================================================================

My computer:

Acer Inspire 5 with a Ryzen 3 CPU and Vega Graphics.

Windows 10

Device: GPD XD (NOT THE PLUS VERSION) with the Legacy Rom

Problem: When I plugged in my GPD XD into this machine. It would be recognized as a NEXUS 5. However even though the computer could see my device it would not let me mess with the folders inside the device.

Solution that worked me and hopefully can work for you:

1. Right click the windows icon (bottom left of your screen)
2. Select “Device Manager”
3. In my case I had to find something called “ ADB Device” or something close to that. For me it was under “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and I found the only thing plugged into my computer with the “ADB” in the title.
4. Right click and select “Update Driver”
5. Select “Browse Computer for driver software”
6. "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
7. For me I picked “Android Composite ABD Interface”
8. Click NEXT and the driver will install. Now when you go to device manager your device should be under "Android Device"

At this point it should work. It worked for me. I can now use launch box on my pc to transfer my stuff to my gpd xd. May it be the automatic option or manual.

Windows 7 I did not have to do any of this, and it just worked out the box. So I am assuming this is a problem with how the device and windows 10 talk to each other. At least in my case

• Like 1

I just want to jump into the discussion here and say that, unfortunately, the solution g0d53nd has come up with did not work for me. I can get my files onto an SD card and get that into the GPD XD fine. Double-checking with a file explorer on the device confirms that they are present and can be seen. But LaunchBox just doesn't see the Android folder on the SD card.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, OutColed said:

I just want to jump into the discussion here and say that, unfortunately, the solution g0d53nd has come up with did not work for me. I can get my files onto an SD card and get that into the GPD XD fine. Double-checking with a file explorer on the device confirms that they are present and can be seen. But LaunchBox just doesn't see the Android folder on the SD card.

For the original GPD XD, the Android version is ancient, which means that modern storage APIs do not work properly. I am planning on adding some compatibility code here soon to attempt to fix it, but as for now, because the version of Android is so old, you'll need to stick with internal storage.