LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Not Launching Games

Smellbringer

Simple as it is, I can't get any games that use retroarch running on Launchbox, it used to run fine but now the game will enter the boot screen and then nothing. The games run when booted from retroarch fine, but not the other way around. I tried uninstalling Retroarch, and then deleting retroarch in the Launchbox Directory and readding it, and then messing with the cores that Launchbox assigns to run the games, I just don't know how to fix it and I feel stuck.

Edited by Smellbringer

I ran across something similar. I just updated first time since 9 something and I found that all my MAME games that launched with Rocket Launcher were broken. I came across a post (I can't find now) that mentioned the pause screen or start up screen so I edited the Rocket Launcher under emulators to not use the start up screen and everything seems to be working again.

The errors I got were anything from ROM not found in path to  it couldn't find the Rocket Launcher database for that Emulator (MAME).

I use a merged set and have some of the games set to launch an alternate ROM other than the parent ROM.

Edit: I got those errors and still do when I right click a rom and click open Rocket Launcher  then Test.  However they work in Launchbox with the pause screen disabled. I think I did something funky on my setup with Rocket Launcher and Retroarch together but I can't remember.

Edited by Casdha
added more info