LaunchBox Community Forums

ROM management- is there a one key way hide game?

DaveC1964

So I am messing with Atari ST and Amiga games.  Many have multiple disks.  It is a mess so I am hiding the disk 2-n disks.  It is tedious.  I select game edit, then check hide, then OK.  There are even more screens to go through if I want to hide 2 or more disks (bulk).   Is there a way to just highlight the game then hit a key and have it hide without going through all of the dialog screens?  It sounds trivial but when you are doing this for a few thousand games it gets to be a lot of work.

Edited by DaveC1964

8 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

There’s a box you tick before the rom import process that combines multi disc games into one. If you have 1000’s in yer collection it would probs be quicker to delete the lot and re-import?

Agreed, if they are named correctly they should combine on import. You could also try doing it in bulk by clicking  the platform then going to Tools/Consolidate roms for Name of Platform.1909376314_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.4c2929ea74676328f6321cfb43c31a9b.png

On 9/26/2019 at 4:30 AM, Lukeyboy67 said:

There’s a box you tick before the rom import process that combines multi disc games into one. If you have 1000’s in yer collection it would probs be quicker to delete the lot and re-import?

It will know which one to load when you do this such as know to select the game with (Disk 1 of 3) in the title?

• 2 years later...

For many other different reasons, _Is_ there a way to hide games in less clicks? For instance I'm going thro the 1000+ Sharp X68000 games to find ones worth playing and hide (without removing) the rest. Current  method is I've been waiting to have a couple games that are "unplayable" then highlighting them, and either adding to a playlist which I later do select all >bulk edit> hide> check... or just bulk edit a couple at a time and skip playlist step. Would be sooo much easier if there was just a choice in the right click menu for hide/unhide. plugin maybe? and also in this or another thread someone mentioned hiding game brings you to beginning of list, would be much nicer if it just brought you to adjacent item right?

• 2 weeks later...