LaunchBox Community Forums

Import only pulling one advertisement flyer

TheNewClassics

Hi @Jason Carr,

I've noticed that when I have my image priorities set and subsequently import a game with Advertisement flyers, it only pulls one, even if the game has multiple. I think Ads would be an exception because they are often times different, even if they have the same region listed. However this could just be a bug with my setup. Was wondering if you could take a look into it. Thanks

It will currently only pull one region's files down for the advertisements category (the region that matches your region priorities or the game region the best). I can see wanting multiple ad flyers though, because it can be interesting to see them from different regions. Sadly though, I don't think we have an option for that currently. I do already have an item on my list to allow downloading everything.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Has there been any update to this?  I have been unsuccessful in bulk scraping more than one region's flyers unless I change the region and then download the matching flyers one game at a time.  I think an option to download everything would be helpful, and then unnecessary images could be removed as needed.  I value the historical archives for these games, and it definitely adds to the overall experience.  This problem exists with cabinets as well due to some images including a region tag.

4 hours ago, B-17 Bomber said:

Has there been any update to this?  I have been unsuccessful in bulk scraping more than one region's flyers unless I change the region and then download the matching flyers one game at a time.  I think an option to download everything would be helpful, and then unnecessary images could be removed as needed.  I value the historical archives for these games, and it definitely adds to the overall experience.  This problem exists with cabinets as well due to some images including a region tag.

You might try a "new" feature (since 4 years ago) by changing the option Image Downloads Limit to a number greater than 1.  I couldn't think of an example to test with, so I'm not sure if it will still restrict it to the game's region.  Select several (or all) games, increase that number (or click down to choose No Limit), but only select Flyer Front (and back?) images.  Otherwise you'll get a bazillion images of the other selected types selected as well.  

I have set the download limits to "No Limit", but the bulk downloader will first update the metadata which sets the region code to its default setting.  Once the region code is set the downloader will only pull flyers for that region regardless of the "No Limit" setting.  It will pull all of the flyers for that region, just not all of the flyers for all regions.  A good example is Dig Dug (Launchbox DB ID #8816).  It contains flyers for Japan, Germany, France, and North America, 10 in total.  If I right click on the game and manually edit the region field to say Japan, and then download from there I can add the flyers individually for each region.  However, this is not feasible for a large game set.  When highlighting multiple games even if I change the region field for all of them using the audit tool, it will first update the metadata, then download the assets specific to the default region code.  The bulk downloader has no option to capture assets from multiple regions or all of them.  Basically, any images in the database that are tagged with region codes will only be pulled for the default region using the bulk updater.  In certain cases, this will miss cabinet images that have also been region coded.  I enjoy seeing the various cabinets and advertising flyers.  Adding dynamic museum assets to my game library helps me to share more of the rich history that these games hold especially with my children.  Their generation missed out on the arcade experience.  Thanks for looking into this.