LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller not working with big box after 10.3

zombiejunkie

12 hours ago, Android16 said:

@Jason Carrwhile you're still fresh in the controller business, can you do one more thing with it real quick (it should be a quick process)? Can you unlink the system sounds from controller presses and add them to the RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated" content change instead? Well, we can do that ourselves but I don't think we can do it for changing the views (transitioning to the next view). This will prevent system sounds from triggering on controller press if nothing actually changes or happens. For example, I made a sliding tray with a view i'm making. And when the tray is not out, I block gamepad input for the dpad and confirm button. But when I still press those buttons, system sound still happens even though those presses at this time do nothing.

Thanks in advance.

As far as the controllers working, yes it does. But the initial delay is missing. There use to be a 2 second delay before you are actually able to press something when a controller is connected. This got rid of immediately selecting something before the intro video has completely gone away.

Unfortunately I don't think it would be that simple for the TargetUpdated thing. Not every button press does something that would result in that event happening. Though I do understand the issue.

Per the delay, that's odd; I don't think that was ever intentionally added, nor was it intentionally removed. In fact, I don't think I added or removed any delays at all. It could have been a side effect of something though I guess. I'll see if I can play around with that here at some point.

2 minutes ago, Android16 said:

It was like this when bigbox first released back in the day. I saw a few users comment about it and you did make the adjustment purposely because of that reason. I just was on the mindset now that you probably overlooked it. But that's cool. I'd love for you to add it back so that problem will go away. Thanks.

Any chance you could link me to that post? That might help clue me in to what might have gotten removed.

Hi, me again.

The issues seem to be back for me and deleting inputbinding.xml hasn't worked this time. I've noticed that when I'm playing in BigBox, if at any point my controller was to disconnect and I reconnect then the inputs stop functioning.

This has just happened now and the controller isn't being detected in Lauchbox or BigBox after my controller timed out for being idle and reconnecting.

I'm using DS4Windows, will try and restart that and launchbox and try again. I'm also on 10.5. Thanks.

EDIT:

Restarting DS4 and Launchbox/BigBox and deleting inputbindings.xml again has done nothing. :(

Controller is working fine in windows, will restart my PC and provide and update.

EDIT 2:

Restarted PC and the controller is working OK. Didn't change anything. Very odd.

Edited by nullNOVA
More info.

Hi @Jason Carr, I had issues previously but deleting the inputbinding.xml worked, however, when the bluetooth connection was severed due to idle timeout and reconnected again the inputs were not being detected and deleting inputbindings.xml did not solve the issue, I don't know what the cause was but the inputs were being detected in Windows and in DS4Windows but not BigBox/BigBox OR PCSX2 so I don't think the issue is exclusive to BigBox. Unfortunately I did not try USB, but if it happens again I will try that and let you know, happy to provide any help.

Much appreciated. :)

• Like 1

I think the issue with the BT controllers is probably on the Windows side and most likely being caused by Windows assigning it a new id so it isn't seen as the same controller. Now this is just a theory and I could be completely talking out of my ass.

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I think the issue with the BT controllers is probably on the Windows side and most likely being caused by Windows assigning it a new id so it isn't seen as the same controller. Now this is just a theory and I could be completely talking out of my ass.

Makes sense in theory, a way around that would be detecting the controller via its MAC address.

Hi there , also having controller issue's since 10.3 , I remember there was a tick box for using controller out of launchbox in windows or somethin that was there previously and that fixed some issue back then with this option On. It has been removed i think , Restarting windows seem to settle it. I am using Ps3 Controller with SCP Toolkit in Bluetooth. Controller plug unplug trigger the issue I think . maybe that previous tick box enabled all controllers to control Launchbox or something ? 

Edited by Fredonneur

2 hours ago, Fredonneur said:

Hi there , also having controller issue's since 10.3 , I remember there was a tick box for using controller out of launchbox in windows or somethin that was there previously and that fixed some issue back then with this option On. It has been removed i think , Restarting windows seem to settle it. I am using Ps3 Controller with SCP Toolkit in Bluetooth. Controller plug unplug trigger the issue I think . maybe that previous tick box enabled all controllers to control Launchbox or something ?

Hi @Fredonneur; to be honest I don't fully understand your issue here, but I have fixed a number of things for the latest beta release. If you can try updating to the beta, it might fix your issue. You can update to the beta release by going to Tools > Options > General > Updates in LaunchBox and checking the box to update to beta releases. Uncheck the box for background updates, and then restart, and it should prompt you to update.