LaunchBox Community Forums

2 Disc Games

DeadVoivod

11 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

How is it possible to only get 1 single entry for a 2 or multi disc game? I have several games f.ex. for GameCube that have 2 discs, and LaunchBox shows me the entries always twice. 

Sounds like you have your roms named incorrectly. See this thread.

2 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Ok, that worked. Thanks for help. 

When launching the game now, does LB know to boot on Disc 1? Does it also swap automatically when Disc 2 is needed? 

Launchbox should load Disc 1 by default. Disc swapping is done by the emulator, its nothing to do with Launchbox.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

when you consolidated the roms it gave you the option of which rom to pick if you picked disc 1 then disc 1 is the facing disc if you picked disc 2 then it won't load disc one on launch it will try to launch whatever disc you told it to.

If you use the consolidate from the tools menu it doesnt ask you, it just consolidates, i assume disc one as the default.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

ah I don't think I've ever done it like I've only done so on import and by selecting games manually and consolidating them so didn't realize it didn't prompt you but makes sense that it would work more like the import than manually

Yeah its a automatic tool that can be done per whatever platform is clicked in the sidebar.

image.thumb.png.c0e8adfe8851dbeffdca1abda5a205f3.png