LaunchBox Community Forums

Delete Downloaded Updates

7ank0v1c

Heya, I was wondering if there is a feature, to possibly delete updates which accumilate in the updates folder?

I have around 3.5gb of update files accumalated over the last few months, and think this is way too much. There should be a feature which gives us the abililty to choose wether or not to delete them automatically and immediatley after install. Or to choose automatically but after a few weeks, a month or two months, or something like that.

Maybe the ability to only keep official and not beta as well maybe?

Can someone maybe help if there is ucha feature?

Thanks in advance =D

Edited by 7ank0v1c
Extra
  • Like 1

Just now, 7ank0v1c said:

Heya, I was wondering if there is a feature, to possibly delete updates which accumilate in the updates folder?

I have around 3.5gb of update files accumalated over the last few months, and think this is way too much. There should be a feature which gives us the abililty to choose wether or not to delete automatically and immediatley, our automatically but after a few weeks, a month and two months, or something like that.

Can someone maybe help?

Thanks in advance =D

There is no feature. For now if you do not want to keep updates just open the folder and delete. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Retro808 said:

There is no feature. For now if you do not want to keep updates just open the folder and delete. 

I thought as much, thanks. Im just going to do that now. Could this feature prehaps be considered? It would be an easy one to include I would imagine? (although I have no idea in reality haha) It also would save me having space disapear on my cloud storage which I forget about haha =D

@Jason Carr thought to tag you, maybe you could include for future polls? Hope your well by the way my brother. Shalom =D

I do think this is a good idea, since I went a long while without realizing that the collective updates was eating quite a few gigs of space. I don't really need that feature since I can just do it manually, but I'm thinking more of new users who don't realize the old update files are still on their hard drive.

If there's a reason why adding the option to delete the old updates isn't feasible (even if it's just a prioritizing features thing), maybe just adding a notification letting the user know that they can delete old updates manually would be a good temporary solution. For instance, just a line or two of text when you confirm installing the latest update (maybe also mention that it's advisable to keep an old update or two in case you need to revert to a previous version).

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 5:19 PM, 7ank0v1c said:

I thought as much, thanks. Im just going to do that now. Could this feature prehaps be considered? It would be an easy one to include I would imagine? (although I have no idea in reality haha) It also would save me having space disapear on my cloud storage which I forget about haha =D

@Jason Carr thought to tag you, maybe you could include for future polls? Hope your well by the way my brother. Shalom =D

Sure, I'll put this on my ideas list. :)

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Sure, I'll put this on my ideas list. :)

Thanks man, appreciated. I am trying to keep a portable setup of LaunchBox, so this feature would help maintain free space. 

Can't sing enough praises for this software man. Easily the best front-end. 

Anyways...

Blessings ?

Edited by 7ank0v1c
typos
  • Like 2