LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Saturn

cliffyb73

oh its for Android sorry missed that originally. I'm going to assume that LB only imported the cue files during the import leaving the bins behind and that is why it doesn't work. This is a known issue with multidisk games at this point and it is on the list to be fixed. For now you can copy the bin files for the games into the same folder as the .cue files that you already imported.

You were right sort of. It was the other way round it had copied the bin but not the cue files. So I placed them in the folder with the games. Same result uinfortuntaely. Guess they aint gonna work for now until maybe a new update comes out. Bummer. Thanks for your help though.

Actually scrap that I just sussed it. I removed all the bin files. Then exported to android. Went in the Android folder and added the bin files and now  it works. it must read the cues instead of the bins. Thanks for your help, I would have never have sussed that unless you said about it not exporting the files.

2 minutes ago, cliffyb73 said:

Actually scrap that I just sussed it. I removed all the bin files. Then exported to android. Went in the Android folder and added the bin files and now  it works. it must read the cues instead of the bins. Thanks for your help, I would have never have sussed that unless you said about it not exporting the files.

You should always import the .cue files to launchbox. So yes that was the issue.

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You should always import the .cue files to launchbox. So yes that was the issue.

Yes I know this however when you select Sega Saturn when you export it will only export the first file, no other files. So when I originally had all the files both bin and cue, it only imported bin not the cue files. Then even when you manually added the cue files after, it still wouldnt work. So I removed the bin files leaving just the cue files then did the export. Then I manually added the bin files to the android folder. Now it works.

Edited by cliffyb73

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue using the shield TV pro. I am not sure where the location of the files are for launchobox. Do you know where I can manually add the .bin files to after import?

I go through Android>data>com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox>files>launchbox>

But then none of the folders really have any imported data?

Edited by ghostbusterjoe
added more info