LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Quitting Games Issue

Muckers

Hello Bigbox Brothers,

Since the latest updates on launchbox, Ive had a bizarre issue where whilst using bigbox. When I Quit a game it crashes with just the clear logo and black screen displaying. I cannot get back to bigbox and have to close the screen down using alt - tab or ending task in task manager. It is making bigbox unusable! Ive had no issues since the 3 updates to 10.6 and im getting to the point where i just cannot use it. This happens on my test system and my main system, but seems like im the only person having this issue. Ive recently started to reinstall my test system which is pain stakingly slow and time consuming to see if the issue is still happening. now its fine for a few games then goes back to the issue. ive posted a video (link below) if anyone can help me out or point me to what the issue is. Again... no issue since the latest 3 updates.

Regards Muckers

https://youtu.be/slyTO4tyB4A

Hi there,

Everything is up to date. every emulator / windows updates / nvidia drivers. This issue only came about after the last few updates. All emulators quit fine in launchbox and did in bigbox until recently. Its not just demul its every system when it starts doing this funny issue. Launchbox is completely fine its just bigbox. When launching a game instead of going into the game menu where you have options to launch the game etc that is now missing. This issue occurs most days but sometimes its fine and goes back to how it should be. Its really strange and happens on my test system too which ive currently rebuilding with a full fresh install to see if it continues to be an issue. Thank you for your reply 

Edited by Muckers

@Muckers I've seen this issue elsewhere, and just asked what that user did to fix it. This was his response:

Well my issue was that i assigned open and play to the same button in controls by mistake , which it actually was opening game option page and running the game at same time so basically i just changed the button mapping and set open and play to different buttons, that fixed my issue

Can you check to see if somehow Open and Play are assigned to the same controller button?