LaunchBox Community Forums

An emulator for each system

Colorman3605

22 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

instead of a full retroarch setup I misuse the core splitter and have 3 or 4 of the same core with small different naming. so I can use a PICO for SMS etc. very helpful for me for Mesen Famicom Disk and Mesen Famicom + NES

Any reason why this won't work on the nightly version of RA ?

Works great on normal RA, just wondering why it won't work on nightly version.

I set the master system, mega drive and 32x systems as indicated (RA with picodrive) and everything is ok but now I have a problem that does not concern the emulator but the launchbox. How can I change the emulator also for the combined titles (or rather the titles under the new "additive apps") without going to modify the game for game?
Thanks!

Thanks!
You can recommend a good emulator for 3DO, Jaguar and N64.
For the jaguar I tried both the virtual jaguar and the RA but if there is better? For the N64 I have always used the project64 and I find it very good but with some titles I just can't manage to do it properly. Is there anything better here too?

There is something called Phoenix that is for both 3DO and Jaguar but it is difficult to get to work in conjunction with Launchbox from what I have read. For N64 I ditched Project 64 sometime ago in favor of the Mupen core in RetroArch I've recently played through Ocarina of Time with it and I'm currently working on a game of Majora's Mask.

7 hours ago, DOS76 said:

There is something called Phoenix that is for both 3DO and Jaguar but it is difficult to get to work in conjunction with Launchbox from what I have read. For N64 I ditched Project 64 sometime ago in favor of the Mupen core in RetroArch I've recently played through Ocarina of Time with it and I'm currently working on a game of Majora's Mask.

A user here posted some scripts that made running Phoenix with Launchbox much easier: 

Works OK but still strange compared to most emulators. For the roms I need, Retroarch core works well enough.

For N64 I use Mupen core in Retroarch as well but for any N64 mods, the parallel N64 Retroarch core works when Mupen doesn't. (Kids love Multiplayer Super Mario 64 even though they drive each other crazy with POV issues when they don't work together)