LaunchBox Community Forums

Moved everything to external HD now everything working except Arcade

DwightSchrute

I was using launchbox on a desktop and everything works great, but when I copy everything over to an external hd I have issues.  All of the game systems work except for the mame games.  When I try to open a game via Arcade they initialize but don't open.  If I try to open the mame outside of launchbox they do not open there either. I am using Microsoft 10 and have researched without a fix.  Any thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Did you change your directory path in MAME or is it still using your old path if you didn't edit it in the MAME.ini file then it doesn't know where the games are located anymore.

Read the thread title again ;) MAME works, it's everything else that isnt. Probably still a path issue though.

• DwightSchrute changed the title to Moved everything to external HD now everything working except Arcade

okay there are two ways 1 you can navigate to your MAME folder and look for your MAME.ini file if present open it with notepad++ or any text editor really.

image.thumb.png.9881e00e19b19a59863eb23bc99a3510.pngchange the line that says ROM path to match your path.

Easy method if you aren't comfortable making changes to the ini file is open MAME with no game loaded go to Configure options then configure directories set your directory there then go back to the previous menu from there select save settings.