LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame is becoming windowed or losing focus in Bigbox while playing.

Rsoden

Hi All,

When playing, especially on games with lots of button smashing, mame has begun losing focus. I was running through rocketlauncher, and when I was doing that mame would entirely disappear minimized to the task bar. I could exit bigbox and click on mame on the task bar and the game would be running.

To try to fix it I switched to launching Mame directly from bigbox. That helped but now the games become windowed instead of minimized. You get the widows menu bar at the top of the game and you can see bigbox behind the game.

I am not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

I'm using Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Jrami223 said:

I have the same problem

I would look at your hotkeys in both MAME and Launchbox to make sure you are not triggering this yourself somehow. Currently active windows dont just lose focus for no reason, and we have thousands and thousands of users here using MAME without these issues you are reporting which makes me think its specific to your system and nothing to do with Launchbox functionality.