LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Perhaps this is a question for a mame forum specifically, but thought I would see if you have any thoughts.

I recently discovered the amazing 4k bezels produced my Mr. Retrolust, and spent some time over the weekend getting things working in MAME, and things looked fantastic.

While likely unrelated, I decided to take a look at setting up the 4k naomi bezels in retroarch. Once I got that working, I wanted to compare the shaders between retroarch and MAME, but ran into an issue...low-res diagonal lines across the screen, a weird stretch to the mame screen, and no artwork showing.

I don't see anything that changed since I had it working, all configs are the same, and the timestamps on the artwork zips hadn't changed.

I'm curious if anyone has seen anything like this. All research points to issues with the .lay file or resolution or something, but nothing has changed between when I had it working and now.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, laggerific said:

Perhaps this is a question for a mame forum specifically, but thought I would see if you have any thoughts.

I recently discovered the amazing 4k bezels produced my Mr. Retrolust, and spent some time over the weekend getting things working in MAME, and things looked fantastic.

While likely unrelated, I decided to take a look at setting up the 4k naomi bezels in retroarch. Once I got that working, I wanted to compare the shaders between retroarch and MAME, but ran into an issue...low-res diagonal lines across the screen, a weird stretch to the mame screen, and no artwork showing.

I don't see anything that changed since I had it working, all configs are the same, and the timestamps on the artwork zips hadn't changed.

I'm curious if anyone has seen anything like this. All research points to issues with the .lay file or resolution or something, but nothing has changed between when I had it working and now.

Thank you.

Mostly when you see diagonal lines in Mame there's something wrong with the artwork file not linking the image as it should, do you experience this with any artwork file in Mame?

6 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Mostly when you see diagonal lines in Mame there's something wrong with the artwork file not linking the image as it should, do you experience this with any artwork file in Mame?

I did test with some previous artwork sets, which also exhibit this issue. So it’s apparently an issue on my end...

artpath in mame.ini is “artwork”, which is where I copied all of your mame 4k zips. I’m not aware of any other artwork settings that involve locating the data, but I’ve never seen this issue before.

I’ll see if I can pull a log file...hopefully it can provide a direct answer to this issue.

Thank you!