Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Mr. RetroLust

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Recommended Posts

I'll upload bezels here instead of the download section for the time being, once I've made a large collection I'll upload it to the download section. 

Here's my first Mame 4K bezel for the Lights Out series, I'll be making them in no particular order; more like what I like to play at the moment. You don't need to adjust the games .cfg with these bezels, the position and size is already done within the lay file.

shdancer.zip

shdancer.thumb.JPG.cc04ee649b17475b97e7ab5332d0a7e1.JPG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 4
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome stuff bro, super stoked to see some more arcades done in your brilliant "lights out" style, I'll certainly be watching this thread closely.

  • Game On 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, L4ZYD4NE said:

Awesome stuff bro, super stoked to see some more arcades done in your brilliant "lights out" style, I'll certainly be watching this thread closely.

Thanks bro, glad you like :) I'm working on Naomi as well in the mean time, a lot of dedicated cabinets and variations so it takes a while to get em done.

  • Game On 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome work, thanks so much for this project.

Just curious, what shader are you using in those pics?

 

Edited by GreenGriffon
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Awesome work, thanks so much for this project.

Just curious, what shader are you using in those pics?

 

Thanks bro glad you like :) I'm using the HLSL shaders, if you are interested I think these are my settings, not sure how to share but this is a snippet from my Mame.ini settings, if you know an other way please let me know.


#
# DIRECT3D POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
hlslpath                  hlsl
hlsl_enable               1
hlsl_oversampling         0
hlsl_write                auto
hlsl_snap_width           2048
hlsl_snap_height          1536
shadow_mask_tile_mode     0
shadow_mask_alpha         0.25
shadow_mask_texture       shadow-mask.png
shadow_mask_x_count       12
shadow_mask_y_count       6
shadow_mask_usize         0.5
shadow_mask_vsize         0.5
shadow_mask_uoffset       0.0
shadow_mask_voffset       0.0
distortion                0.0
cubic_distortion          0.0
distort_corner            0.0
round_corner              0.0
smooth_border             0.0
reflection                0.0
vignetting                0.0
scanline_alpha            0.50
scanline_size             1.0
scanline_height           1.0
scanline_variation        1.0
scanline_bright_scale     2.0
scanline_bright_offset    0.0
scanline_jitter           0.0
hum_bar_alpha             0.0
defocus                   0.75,0.0
converge_x                0.0,0.0,0.0
converge_y                0.0,0.0,0.0
radial_converge_x         0.0,0.0,0.0
radial_converge_y         0.0,0.0,0.0
red_ratio                 1.05,0.00,0.10
grn_ratio                 -0.10,1.00,0.25
blu_ratio                 -0.25,0.25,1.25
saturation                1.25
offset                    -0.30,-0.20,-0.05
scale                     1.15,1.05,0.90
power                     0.90,0.90,1.15
floor                     0.025,0.025,0.025
phosphor_life             0.25,0.25,0.25

#
# NTSC POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
yiq_enable                0
yiq_jitter                0.0
yiq_cc                    3.57954545
yiq_a                     0.5
yiq_b                     0.5
yiq_o                     0.0
yiq_p                     1.0
yiq_n                     1.0
yiq_y                     6.0
yiq_i                     1.2
yiq_q                     0.6
yiq_scan_time             52.6
yiq_phase_count           2

#
# VECTOR POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
vector_beam_smooth        0.0
vector_length_scale       0.5
vector_length_ratio       0.5

#
# BLOOM POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
bloom_blend_mode          0
bloom_scale               0.25
bloom_overdrive           1.00,1.00,1.00
bloom_lvl0_weight         1.00
bloom_lvl1_weight         0.64
bloom_lvl2_weight         0.32
bloom_lvl3_weight         0.16
bloom_lvl4_weight         0.08
bloom_lvl5_weight         0.06
bloom_lvl6_weight         0.04
bloom_lvl7_weight         0.02
bloom_lvl8_weight         0.01

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I think you also need the "raster.ini" and "vector.ini" files from /ini/presets in your Mame folder. If it's not too much of a bother, that would be awesome if you shared them.

I like how your settings aren't overpowering. The scanlines look "right" in my 40-something brain as to what arcade monitors looked like back in the day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Thanks, I think you also need the "raster.ini" and "vector.ini" files from /ini/presets in your Mame folder. If it's not too much of a bother, that would be awesome if you shared them.

I like how your settings aren't overpowering. The scanlines look "right" in my 40-something brain as to what arcade monitors looked like back in the day.

Yep thats what my 40-something year old brain did as well lol i'll upload them in a few hours when i'm behind the pc again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for sharing the shader files, I really appreciate it.

Hope you continue this project, it's really terrific work.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome work.

Regarding the shader files, It has been a while that I wanted to ask about it. 

I am not an expert but, based on the file, it seems that you don't distort (or tilt) the screen to create the effect of a CRT monitor curvature, right? Any advice regarding distortions?

I think for arcades I use some shader call CRT (CRT-Royale, maybe). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flope said:

Awesome work.

Regarding the shader files, It has been a while that I wanted to ask about it. 

I am not an expert but, based on the file, it seems that you don't distort (or tilt) the screen to create the effect of a CRT monitor curvature, right? Any advice regarding distortions?

I think for arcades I use some shader call CRT (CRT-Royale, maybe). 

Thanks man :) There is a bit of distortion going on in my shader file; "distortion 0.15".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...