LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

45 minutes ago, laggerific said:

I did test with some previous artwork sets, which also exhibit this issue. So it’s apparently an issue on my end...

artpath in mame.ini is “artwork”, which is where I copied all of your mame 4k zips. I’m not aware of any other artwork settings that involve locating the data, but I’ve never seen this issue before.

I’ll see if I can pull a log file...hopefully it can provide a direct answer to this issue.

Thank you!

It's probably something really tiny thats overlooked but I can't help you further i'm afraid, if you can't figure out the problem you could make a new post in the forums there's many people with knowledge here.

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

It's probably something really tiny thats overlooked but I can't help you further i'm afraid, if you can't figure out the problem you could make a new post in the forums there's many people with knowledge here.

Totally understand. Thank you.

EDIT:

Just to put a bow on this, I was able to get passed this issue. I had also setup Houb's CRT shaders, and something must have gotten corrupted there. Once I replaced those, artwork started showing up as expected.

Thanks again.

Edited by laggerific
  • Game On 1

Hey Mr. Retrolust, at some point, would it be possible for you to post a list of the roms you're working from for this project?

The reason I ask is because I keep a curated "Best of" collection for MAME, and you have a good assortment here that I never included in my library.

If it's a hassle, no worries, but I would love to see your collection.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GreenGriffon said:

Hey Mr. Retrolust, at some point, would it be possible for you to post a list of the roms you're working from for this project?

The reason I ask is because I keep a curated "Best of" collection for MAME, and you have a good assortment here that I never included in my library.

If it's a hassle, no worries, but I would love to see your collection.

Yeah it's kinda my 'best of' collection although it's still around 1300 games haha, do you know of a way to export it to a list in launchbox or should I mess around in the arcade.xml file for this? Wouldn't be a problem to do so. There is a chance however I might delete games in my collection on second inspection, only been through the list it once before.

I made a simple Windows batch file to print the contents of a directory. I use it all the time to compare file lists when I pull from MAME sets, just to make sure I named the roms correctly and didn't miss any (some games have been renamed through the years).

You can right-click and look at the script yourself, but this is all it is:

dir /b > _DirList.txt

If you stick this in your MAME / Arcade rom folder and run it, it spits out a text file listing the files. That's all I would need to compare yours to mine.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

_PrintDirectory.bat

Edited by GreenGriffon

Just a small question: is it at all possible to make these great Bezels work with 1080p screens without manually readjusting the game-video-window-scale to fit the bezels? Or is there a way to easily adjust config files and "convert" them so the image fits a 1080p screen without booting each game and editing the window scaling in retroarch?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

Just a small question: is it at all possible to make these great Bezels work with 1080p screens without manually readjusting the game-video-window-scale to fit the bezels? Or is there a way to easily adjust config files and "convert" them so the image fits a 1080p screen without booting each game and editing the window scaling in retroarch?

Have you tried these in Mame? These aren't for RetroArch. They should work in 1080p using official standalone Mame.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

22 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Have you tried these in Mame? These aren't for RetroArch. They should work in 1080p using official standalone Mame.

I postetd in the wrong thread, I wanted to ask about your 4K bezels for Retroarch. I don't use Mame standalone.

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

I postetd in the wrong thread, I wanted to ask about your 4K bezels for Retroarch. I don't use Mame standalone.

Ah okay, those bezels you'll have to set manually unless you find someone who has already done them for that resolution so you can use their configs. 

Edited by Mr. RetroLust