LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream Emulator

Niknice

All my Dreamcast roms are .gdi and work fine using Redream directly. Interestingly I’ve managed to launch a couple of games using Launchbox but the majority still just take me to the Redream game select menu. All my games are .gdi  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Niknice

On 11/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, Niknice said:

I've noticed that when i import my Dreamcast roms and choose the Redream emulator and then choose a game, Launchbox takes me to the Redream main game select menu instead of the actual game. Everything else works great.

ReDream only supports approx 80% of Dreamcast titles currently.

If it goes directly to ReDream menu, it means it's not compatible.

Use RetroArch for ones that don't run through ReDream.

• 1 month later...

Did you guys ever come up with a solution for this? It happens on my PC as well. When i open Daytona USA from BigBox I get taken to the Redream Menu page and I need to select Daytona USA from there to run/start it. Daytona USA is the only Dreamcast Game I have so I dont know if it happens with any other games.

By the way I am also unable to close the Redream Emulator from my PS4 controller. Im currently forced to close it from a keyboard. Any solutions for that?

10 hours ago, Clinto69 said:

Did you guys ever come up with a solution for this? It happens on my PC as well. When i open Daytona USA from BigBox I get taken to the Redream Menu page and I need to select Daytona USA from there to run/start it. Daytona USA is the only Dreamcast Game I have so I dont know if it happens with any other games.

By the way I am also unable to close the Redream Emulator from my PS4 controller. Im currently forced to close it from a keyboard. Any solutions for that?

Is this on Windows or on Android?

7 minutes ago, Clinto69 said:

This is the PC version.

Okay, I figured. This thread is exclusive to the Android version, so nothing here really applies to the Windows version. I don't think there are any issues with launching Redream on Windows; the default configuration should work fine. You might have better luck starting up a new thread or searching for a thread outside of the Android forum.