LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox requiring elevation - problem with autostart!

williambroad

Hello folks.

My problem is not an entirely new one, so forgive me for bringing it up again. But reading old posts didn‘t really give me the impression that this had been resolved so I thought I might give it a shot.

I stumbled over the same issue others seem to have had - I would love BigBox to run automatically on Windows startup. For that I have found out myself and later confirmed by other posts I needed to set the exe to run NOT as admin. Otherwise copying the shortcut into the shell:startup directory wouldn‘t do anything... Windows just boots up and ends at desktop. But if I opt out of admin everything works just fine and BigBox fires up just as intended without the need for any keyboard/mouse but just my gamepad like I wanted. BUT... from then on RetroArch (as my primary emulator for a lot of platforms like GameBoy or SNES) won‘t launch and BigBox keeps telling me I need elevated rights to do so.

Diving deep into the forum I didn‘t really discover any final hint that resolved this particular issue other than using workarounds like Bsetshell or the BigBox Launcher tool (which seems intriguing but I couldn‘t get it to download from OneDrive because of a virus detection that you can‘t seem to pass by).

Simply put: All I would really love is to have BigBox autostart after booting AND all my RetroArch games to run properly. :-))

My warmest regards for any help out there.

Are you running the emulators as admin as well? If so, you really do not need to so that might be the remaining issue.

LB and BB we recommend not running as admin.

I have two cabinets that boot directly into BigBox with no issues. I do not run anything emulation related as admin.