LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox\Big Box issues

vgbox

Hi, i got a few BB issues i would like to solve:

1. The platforms screen fades into a black screen with information on the bottom after 1 second when i stop touching the up/down with the controller, say, when changing from SMS icon to Genesis icon. I tried to change settings and also reset LB configuration and nothing seem to help, the fading occurs again. How do i prevent the platform screen from fading?

image.thumb.png.e9b40accc91dccfc37017ab23a4f219e.png

2. I have Unified Redux theme selected and i would like my platform screen to show unified redux platforms screen like shown here, how do i do that?  

3. The BB startup video cannot be skipped. My bb keyboard select button is assigned to return but when i press return/Esc the start up video won't skip. How can i skip the video by pressing my keyboard and and by pressing my controller?

image.thumb.png.6898bca0a55bf413b66396b4b12d0e4f.png

4. I bought MSI Gaming X GTX 1660 SUPER today and installed it. Which are the max presentation settings i should configure in BB options? For example,  i chose VLC for videos.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by vgbox

4 minutes ago, vgbox said:

Hi, i got a few BB issues i would like to solve:

1. The platforms screen fades into a black screen with information on the bottom after 1 second when i stop touching the up/down with the controller, say, when changing from SMS icon to Genesis icon. I tried to change settings and also reset LB configuration and nothing seem to help, the fading occurs again. How do i prevent the platform screen from fading? I have Unified Redux theme selected and i would like my platform screen to show unified redux platforms screen like shown here:  

That is not a BigBox issue. That black fade at the bottom with information is part of how the theme was designed by the creator. The only way to affect it is to edit the code in the theme xaml for the views you are using. 

6 minutes ago, vgbox said:

2. The BB startup video cannot be skipped. My bb keyboard select button is assigned to return but when i press return the start up video won't skip. How can i skip the video by pressing the keyboard and controller?

I have not tested this in a while so not sure on this. 

1&2 Switch views, you are on the fullscreen video view there.

3. It can be skipped, just not before Bigbox has actually loaded as there would be nothing to skip to.

4. there arent really any. Just make sure its set to 60fps and uses high quallity images. You can also enable some different transitions if you like.

33 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

1&2 Switch views, you are on the fullscreen video view there.

3. It can be skipped, just not before Bigbox has actually loaded as there would be nothing to skip to.

4. there arent really any. Just make sure its set to 60fps and uses high quallity images. You can also enable some different transitions if you like.

1&2. What do you mean by switch views? Or in other words, how do i make my BB look exactly like that youtube UR presentation? My views settings:

image.thumb.png.4170aaa4f5321121c4ce69926f56e5b2.png3. The startup video is playing for like 15 seconds or so and even towards the end of it it cannot be skipped, and after it ends there is about 40 seconds or so of black screen and only after that bb shows. How do i prevent this startup black screen transition from appearing?

image.thumb.png.65582f2c46775d3b931e706ef60cafc8.png

By the way, this forum system is the best forum system i ever used. It is just great. I feel like opening a dedicated thread to it. I'm not kidding. Kudos to the LB website developers. You are awesome. It is very usable and pleasant to look at. For example, print screen and paste directly to the post is so simple and so fast. Other forum systems won't even allow it. Would be nice if someone forward my message to them.

Edited by vgbox

1&2 in your image there is quite clearly two view options, one for platforms and one for games, use them.

3. then your video is shorter than it takes Bigbox to load, you need a longer video or put up with the black screen while Bigbox continues to load once the video has finished.

21 hours ago, neil9000 said:

1&2 in your image there is quite clearly two view options, one for platforms and one for games, use them.

3. then your video is shorter than it takes Bigbox to load, you need a longer video or put up with the black screen while Bigbox continues to load once the video has finished.

1&2. I did, i selected this for platforms wheel but the black screen remains. Only the game wheel seem to be affected by the game view themes, am i missing something? 

image.thumb.png.4c5990994a67184386a1ea18126d0dc1.png

My above issue remains but i got a new question that hopefully someone can answer:

1. I'd like to switch from standalone mame to RA mame core for all my mame games because it has a feature which standalone mame lacks that allow to skip the mame game info screen that appears every time when launching a game (Right now i only use it for Neo Geo CD which has its own platform window in LB called "retroarch neo geo CD" with its own rules).

What do i do in order to make the switch? I already updated mame core to the latest 0.215 (most roms should work even though some of the romset is for 0.214)1.thumb.jpg.e464998d326ecfeec6e4b423dbbaf4ad.jpg2.thumb.jpg.fcebd681d0261ebbe9e10762bc8bb2d3.jpg

and added my roms path t o mame ini in "...\RetroArch\system\mame\ini:

rompath                   "...\Roms\MAME 0.215 Software List CHDs (merged)\neocd ;MAME 0.214 ROMs (merged);...\Roms\MAME 0.214 ROMs (bios-devices);...\Roms\MAME 0.215 CHDs (merged)"

The games won't load in LB. What am i missing? 

Edited by vgbox

On 12/5/2019 at 6:09 PM, vgbox said:

1&2. I did, i selected this for platforms wheel but the black screen remains. Only the game wheel seem to be affected by the game view themes, am i missing something? 

image.thumb.png.4c5990994a67184386a1ea18126d0dc1.png

Wow, so after i told you you were on the correct screen to change the view, for both games list and platform,  you ignored that completely and moved to a different screen and left it on the exact same view that we were trying to swap you from? The black screen, i will repeat is because you are missing a platform video to show there, either download one or as i said switch the view to one that does not require a fullscreen video.

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

I'd like to switch from standalone mame to RA mame core for all my mame games because it has a feature which standalone mame lacks that allow to skip the mame game info screen that appears every time when launching a game

thats skippable on MAME also.

image.thumb.png.299213e34ecbf23b91385c46c647107c.pnglooks like you are trying to change a playlists emulator. you cant.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Wow, so after i told you you were on the correct screen to change the view, for both games list and platform,  you ignored that completely and moved to a different screen and left it on the exact same view that we were trying to swap you from? The black screen, i will repeat is because you are missing a platform video to show there, either download one or as i said switch the view to one that does not require a fullscreen video.

thats skippable on MAME also.

image.thumb.png.299213e34ecbf23b91385c46c647107c.pnglooks like you are trying to change a playlists emulator. you cant.

First of all, i appreciate your help. Second, i did not ignore anything you wrote, but by reading my previous reply again, i found i did not elaborate myself correctly and a bit misunderstood what you wrote as well, but anyway, i understand your answer now.

1. How can i add this missing platform video so that it fades to the video and not to the black screen, like show in the youtube video presentation?

2. In case i want the platform wheel to remain static (on the right side, like in hyperspin front end), all the right side platform wheels fades, is that UR theme limitation? Would i have to change from UR to other theme?

3. In regard to mame game info launch screens, to make things clear, i want to game to launch immediately with no game info, no warnings, etc. nothing.  Mame allows to skip information screen on start up but the warning screen remains. I googled it now and found that there is "no nag mame", would that be the only solution?

Edited by vgbox