LaunchBox Community Forums

How to change Wheel system icon?!

floodie

Hi guys - so, I thought I wouldn't need to ask this but I have tried a load of folders locations and it still isn't changing.

Basically I am changing everything "Genesis" related to show as "Megadrive". All box art is now the PAL version, platform video is Megadrive, just I cannot change the wheel logo from Genesis to Megadrive!!.. Please see attached pic, circled is the culprit I need changing to "Megadrive". I have the file just don't know the location where its reading this from!!.. 

I was convinced the last few locations I tried that it would be right, but it wasn't..... :(

error.thumb.png.9e1f53fb318ddeec7f1ac7402584d650.png

Scooter: thank you, im quite confident ive tried that (including refreshing bigbox). But theres obviously something im missing so thanks for confirming the right area. 

Neil: thanks. I think this could be the problem. Its tricky because ive found that once i change the platform name from genesis to megadrive in launchbox it made a brand new folder structure for it and needed a bit of tinkering with (which i feel is almost done). I found the "genesis" logo and replaced it with a megadrive logo picture but kept it called "sega genesis.png" thinking it would show the megadrive icon even though the file is genesis.png (wow that sounds confusing haha). Ill take a look

Ok just checked. so under the clear logo folder, my logic is that it was reading the "Sega genesis.png" file and putting that as the wheel image. So i assumed if i inserted a megadrive logo and named it as "sega genesis.png" it should in theory show the megadrive logo. Ill rename it now see what happens. 

67B532B5-B00D-4EC7-AD9C-BEC448D5ADBE.jpeg

OK thanks for your guidance guys.. Have sorted it.. I renamed the megadrive logo "Sega Megadrive.png" but at first, despite refreshing image cache in bigbox it still showed as Genesis?!?!.. (please see picture clearly showing the files). it kept wanting to choose a genesis theme. So I deleted everything but the "Sega Meerror2.thumb.png.673ca29cf55fc114c07b248615c21f47.pnggadrive.png" and it finally showed up in the wheel correctly. 

46 minutes ago, floodie said:

ive found that once i change the platform name from genesis to megadrive in launchbox it made a brand new folder structure for it

Yeah that is by design, it is a new system after all. You can just cut/paste everything from the old named folder to the new one then delete the old folder. Or just import with the name you want and choose the "scrape as" option. I imported as "Sega Mega Drive" and scraped it as "Sega Genesis" so it was the megadrive folders that were created not genesis ones.