LaunchBox Community Forums

Deleting Game Takes Me Back To Top of List?!

Retroid84

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/17/2020 at 11:23 AM, Jason Carr said:

In the latest beta I added the option to turn off dynamic box sizing, which should revert this functionality to 10.7.

Long time Launchbox user here and I don't when this started happening but when I'm deleting games it's resetting the Sort By I have active. This is very annoying and makes trimming down your library painful. I believe the main people working on the project already have their libraries like they want. New users find it kinda hard to navigate. It's very slow and those resets in the UI are killing all the fun I have to do this.

Please consider this message. I would love to keep using LB forever but I can see how people have moved to BB from HS and how they could move from BB to something else in the upcoming years. I know no one wants to hear it but LB/BB needs an entire rewrite focused on speed. The main thing about the hobby as always been to use older/decommissioned computers and give them a new life in a cab/emulation project. Mad respect to LB, Jason and the team. I believe it would be great to have a side alpha version focused on speed and reliability, ideally open source with bounties where people can pay for the features they want the most and people willing to participate would get paid by filling bounties. Eventually migrating everyone from the current version to the new version.

Just for information I'm running my build on a top tier enterprise nvme, 2080ti, i9-9900k, debloated win10 ltsc and it's still rushing. Unfortunately this is abnormal when I think of all the optimized games I can play with this computer. Also running the same build on my second computer which as worst specs and the speed is exactly the same. This means to me there's just a limit where LB can go in terms of snappy UI and it doesn't matter the specs you have past a certain point.

This message is for constructive criticism, please don't get me wrong, I love Launchbox.

So I turned on the logs after 2 crash today. It froze there but doesn't actually crash.

2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video

I could right click the LB icon and get LB to close correctly, that's a good thing.

2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM Saving GameControllers.xml...
2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM Saving ListCache.xml...
2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM Saving Settings.xml...
2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM Saving BigBoxSettings.xml...
2024-03-18 02:19:35 PM DataManager.SaveInternal completed successfully.

I'll have to turn off the video snaps from LB, but they were very handy to figure out some games.

I made a theme to speed things up in LaunchBox. It's the default theme with everything that was causing slow downs and memory leaks, removed. Something doesn't feel right since I could get very good speed by deactivating basic things like transitions and effects. I mean, I got a very good computer, those animations and transitions shouldn't pose an issue. Anyway here's the link;