Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Back loop in 10.8...


mcfilmmakers
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I updated to 10.8 and when I went to View regions, I found myself in a loop: pressing back brought me back to the options menu as expected but pressing back again would return me to the view regions screen rather than the main big box platform display screen.

Whether I pressed Esc or selected back in the actual options menu, I would just be stuck looping between view regions and options with no way back tot he platform screen. The exit button works as usual so that's the only way out of the loop: close big box and relaunch.

Am I alone with this glitch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

In Launchbox or BigBox? 

With launchbox!!.

Actually i'm quite interested in buying Big-Box, But i'm very unsure on how it works and interacts with Launchbox (I could really use some simple guides on it).

I know there are videos showing Big-box in action, But how do it interact with my set-up on launchbox??, Watched some videos on how to install pre-made setups, But what if you want to customize it yourself (Or just some of it)

Gave up on Hyper-spin cause i couldn't afford the brain surgery required for it. (Sorry if my autistic brain goes in over-drive at times)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ModerateNOOB said:

With launchbox!!.

Actually i'm quite interested in buying Big-Box, But i'm very unsure on how it works and interacts with Launchbox (I could really use some simple guides on it).

I know there are videos showing Big-box in action, But how do it interact with my set-up on launchbox??, Watched some videos on how to install pre-made setups, But what if you want to customize it yourself (Or just some of it)

Gave up on Hyper-spin cause i couldn't afford the brain surgery required for it. (Sorry if my autistic brain goes in over-drive at times)

Had to ask where you were having issues because you posted in a thread related to BigBox. So just wanted to confirm. 

If you are using the new Default theme you can change back to the old one. Unfortunately if you are using a free version then you do not have the options to edit the way the text looks. 

BigBox simply interacts with LaunchBox by using the settings you put in place for the emulators and games you added. BigBox does have its own settings for themes, controls for moving around in BigBox, and some other feature settings to make BigBox look how you want. You do not need to set any of the platforms, games, and emulators up as it will use what you did in Launchox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Had to ask where you were having issues because you posted in a thread related to BigBox. So just wanted to confirm. 

If you are using the new Default theme you can change back to the old one. Unfortunately if you are using a free version then you do not have the options to edit the way the text looks. 

BigBox simply interacts with LaunchBox by using the settings you put in place for the emulators and games you added. BigBox does have its own settings for themes, controls for moving around in BigBox, and some other feature settings to make BigBox look how you want. You do not need to set any of the platforms, games, and emulators up as it will use what you did in Launchox. 

Okay, I will just revert to 10.7 for the moment.

It's just that the text looks a little out of place compared to the size of the image, Until you're getting used to it (Of course).

So all the meta-data you downloaded in Launchbox will be used for set-up in Big-Box???, Let's say that some game videos are missing or i have a weird set-up with strange games i can't find the meta-data for, Will i be able to add it myself??.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ModerateNOOB said:

Okay, I will just revert to 10.7 for the moment.

It's just that the text looks a little out of place compared to the size of the image, Until you're getting used to it (Of course).

You should not need to revert to 10.7. If you just change the Launchbox theme from "Default" to "Old Default" you will get the 10.7 look back. 10.8 added a new default theme. 

3 minutes ago, ModerateNOOB said:

So all the meta-data you downloaded in Launchbox will be used for set-up in Big-Box???, Let's say that some game videos are missing or i have a weird set-up with strange games i can't find the meta-data for, Will i be able to add it myself??.

Yes. Launchbox is basically the foundation for BigBox. Any games, media or metadata you add in LB is shown in BB. BB has no import or metadata functioning at all. It is all done inside Launchbox. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...