LaunchBox Community Forums

Wheel Spin

Rumplik

How does Wheelspin to choose a random game work?  I am looking for a way to select a random game in Big Box.  It seems many other people are looking for the same feature.  I was thinking of having it as an option at the end of select games be letter.  Anyway, some people mention using Wheelspin.  Is this literally holding down the controller for a random period of time or is there a way to make the wheel spin automatically? If you can make the wheel spin automatically like a roulette wheel, how do you do it? Thanks

12 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Btw, the wheel spin turns transparent or completely off straight away after 1 second, is there an option to delay that, or make it constantly visible?

I know there is no option for it as it should not be doing that. I do see this happen on slower systems that have trouble loading images quickly or on a good system with a platform with a large library. On one of my low end builds it will do this until after a full spin through all the games. Then once it has loaded all the clear logos for the games it does not happen.

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I know there is no option for it as it should not be doing that. I do see this happen on slower systems that have trouble loading images quickly or on a good system with a platform with a large library. On one of my low end builds it will do this until after a full spin through all the games. Then once it has loaded all the clear logos for the games it does not happen.

That’s not my problem, I just would like to see the wheel longer, like 3-5 seconds, instead of it disappearing straight away after 1 second. Looks nicer to me. 

8 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

That’s not my problem, I just would like to see the wheel longer, like 3-5 seconds, instead of it disappearing straight away after 1 second. Looks nicer to me. 

I guess I am misunderstanding then. My wheel stays visible while it spins. Unless you are talking about how the theme itself is designed once a game is selected after a second it hides the wheel. If that is it there is a way to edit the code to have it stay longer.

Well how to explain, the wheel isn't visible, only when turning it pops up and you can see it, the moment you stop, it vanishes straight away. I'm using the Unified Redux theme and in the video you can see it, as soon as the boxart pops up on the right hand screen, the wheel disappears. 

11 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Well how to explain, the wheel isn't visible, only when turning it pops up and you can see it, the moment you stop, it vanishes straight away. I'm using the Unified Redux theme and in the video you can see it, as soon as the boxart pops up on the right hand screen, the wheel disappears. 

Yes, that is how the theme is designed. As @Retro808 said you would need to edit the theme for the wheel to show longer, or use a different theme where the wheel doesnt fade away, there are plenty of them in the download section.