LaunchBox Community Forums

Administrator Mode or God Mode

birdneck

This is how it works.

LaunchBox runs the same, as always but... the delete/edit/add/modify features are greyed out until you log in to your LB admin account (simply using a pin #),

that way, you have total control of your collection.  Anyone agrees?  Once logged in and the delete/edit/add/modify features are accessible, each click on those

requires that same admin pin # before it proceeds!

6 hours ago, birdneck said:

Still know nothing about Big Box, so maybe you can explain.

Big Box allows you to peruse games to play without changing the collection. It also has several options to lock the interface to make it even more restrictive. Way of letting others play with your games without the concern of them removing or changing anything.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Big Box allows you to peruse games to play without changing the collection. It also has several options to lock the interface to make it even more restrictive. Way of letting others play with your games without the concern of them removing or changing anything.

Is it possible in BB to only allow game starting within a platform view by using the Play key mapping only, and disable users going into the Game detail view and selecting play from within?

(Looking for either GUI options or editing theme XML files.)

52 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

From a Platform View you would only ever be able to select a Platform as BigBox wouldn't know which game to play. So you have to enter a Game View to select a game but you can turn off the Game Details screen in the options, that way you will not need to click Play.

Guess I got the view name mixed up. Yes I meant from within the Game view, and then into the Game detail view.

What a doh moment. I disabled that option but didn't look careful enough to the wording. It's Skip the game details screen, so actually enable that option to disable that screen. ?

I don't know if this is a design decision but it if you have a key mapping for exit in BB, the options in Security to not allow exiting, only seem to apply to using the menu to exit, key map still exits. So if you're clamping down your cabinet, don't miss that option.