LaunchBox Community Forums

Gameplay video quality preference

rommaster

Hi all,

When downloading video I've always selected LaunchBox DB and emumovies, I've also left all video quality tick boxes selected low/high/highest.

On my latest import it popped in to my head how LaunchBox will handle multiple qualities being available? If all 3 options are available will it only download the highest quality, or does it download all 3 because all 3 are ticked.

If I search LaunchBoxDB and emumovies, as well as all qualities, which takes preference and where can we switch these settings?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 3:22 AM, nicr4wks said:

Hi all,

When downloading video I've always selected LaunchBox DB and emumovies, I've also left all video quality tick boxes selected low/high/highest.

On my latest import it popped in to my head how LaunchBox will handle multiple qualities being available? If all 3 options are available will it only download the highest quality, or does it download all 3 because all 3 are ticked.

If I search LaunchBoxDB and emumovies, as well as all qualities, which takes preference and where can we switch these settings?

Thanks.

It downloads the highest quallity version only. Launchbox database doesnt have and game video snaps, those are all from emumovies.

Tools > Download Media downloads the Highest Quality video selected because at the time of selecting media we don't actually know what that game has, just what EmuMovies has to offer. If selecting "Download Media" button from the Add/Edit screen that has already checked what EmuMovies has to offer and so will download whatever you tell it to. If selecting more than one quality via the AddEdit screen you WILL grab multiple videos. Other methods (Tools > Download Metadata/Media and Import options) do not.

10 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Tools > Download Media downloads the Highest Quality video selected because at the time of selecting media we don't actually know what that game has, just what EmuMovies has to offer. If selecting "Download Media" button from the Add/Edit screen that has already checked what EmuMovies has to offer and so will download whatever you tell it to. If selecting more than one quality via the AddEdit screen you WILL grab multiple videos. Other methods (Tools > Download Metadata/Media and Import options) do not.

Ah OK, makes sense.