LaunchBox Community Forums

Nes emulators for for game hacks??

ModerateNOOB

Hi!!.

I know this is silly (Kind of), But i've been wrecking my mind for a couple of hours now for an Nintendo nes emulator to play a rom hack called Alex Kidd (SMB1 Hack).

And i simply can't find a emulator that will run this game, It loads to the front screen but are completely stuck there!!.

Until now i've been trying all 5 nes cores in Retroarch, Higan, Mednaffen, Virtuanes, FCEUX, Jnes, And both Mesen and nestopia standalone (None of these will load the game.

If anyone got the time, feel free to hit me with more unknown obscure nes emulators 

4 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

a YT video shows it running on RockNES X.  It's obscure.  At least to me. :)

Thank's. for trying to help me.

Sadly i can't boot the game with Rocknes either, Maybe it requires another version of the emulator.

But i was able to extract this information about the rom.

File: Alex Kidd DX (SMB1 Hack)-1.nes
Format......: NES
Mapper......: 000 - NROM 
Data size...: 32K PRG ROM (2 x 16KiB banks)
             (PRG CRC $4B0EF777)
              8K CHR ROM (1 x 8KiB banks)
             (CHR CRC $9B85E08D)
Mirroring...: vertical.
Battery save: no
Trainer data: no
4-screen....: no
VS System...: no
PlayChoice10: no

File size: 40976 bytes.
CRC32: $9E079766

11 hours ago, ModerateNOOB said:

Hi!!.

I know this is silly (Kind of), But i've been wrecking my mind for a couple of hours now for an Nintendo nes emulator to play a rom hack called Alex Kidd (SMB1 Hack).

And i simply can't find a emulator that will run this game, It loads to the front screen but are completely stuck there!!.

Until now i've been trying all 5 nes cores in Retroarch, Higan, Mednaffen, Virtuanes, FCEUX, Jnes, And both Mesen and nestopia standalone (None of these will load the game.

If anyone got the time, feel free to hit me with more unknown obscure nes emulators 

FYI, This game loads fine using all nes cores in RA 1.8.4, but I can't get controls working

2 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

FYI, This game loads fine using all nes cores in RA 1.8.4, but I can't get controls working

That might be it.

I just thought it froze at the start screen, But it could also be that the controls are not responding (I also assigned the controls to the keyboard without any luck)

Hoorayy (If anyone cares???

i managed to find a few that managed to have controls for the damn hack, But they suck big time, Except 1 which is Bizhawk.

And here comes the weird part???, Almost all of the emulators starts the game at the beginning, While bizhawk starts the game in an under-water world where the game ends after completing the stage???.