LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Controls FS (Full Screen - Beta)

Retro808

34 minutes ago, Sbaby said:

I figured out my problem, I was actually using theme ControlBox so I had to put Arcade.axml in that location.
Now it works but obviously I see the full screen control panel completely pixelated.

I would like to reduce the size and position of the png but I struggle to understand 😥

Can you provide a pic and describe how big and where you want the image?

29 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you provide a pic and describe how big and where you want the image?

This is it :

image.png

I would like it like this, size and position of the xbox controller (cpwizard png folder)

Then it would also be great if the original control panel of the arcade cabinet were in place of the gamecube controller (mame Cpanel png folder)

image.png

Edited by Sbaby

• 2 weeks later...

I temporarily used ImageMagick software to mass-edit all the png images by automatically adding the black frame. In this way it is not very nice but it is operational

image.thumb.png.6c36d76e4cb8ef087ca6829c59b47462.png

Unfortunately there are about 150 missing from my arcade collection but patience, for now these 327 are enough, automatically transformed by the batch file

image.thumb.png.fa1876e577aed3bd3667207aebee6454.png

For the missing games I temporarily use a 6 button one and renamed it to Arcade.png

image.thumb.png.ba1848b045b725a25cc1e87a9877661d.png

if someone gives me some ideas to improve everything aesthetically automatically I would appreciate 

🙋‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sbaby said:

if someone gives me some ideas to improve everything aesthetically automatically I would appreciate 

I'd say move the button labels off the buttons.  Move the game title and crop off the excess background (top, bottom and sides).

gngt.thumb.png.986163253b34810699a2215f3babd1bb.pngsf.thumb.png.ebbdbe8203c0cb138278c96b44117a8a.png

(My cab's panel is green, hence the green here)

To batch crop the images, I used ffmpeg and a batch file.  I had CPW output the images as 1024 X 768.   Then used this in a batch file

md cropped
for %%i in (*.png) do ffmpeg -y -i "%%~ni.png" -vf crop=iw-36:ih-280:18:55 "./cropped/%%~ni.png"

Place the batch file in the same folder as the images.  This creates the folder "cropped" then places the cropped images in that folder.  The output images, using this, become 988 X 488.

If you decide to try this, copy a just couple of your images to a temp folder and test 1st. ;) 

9 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I'd say move the button labels off the buttons.  Move the game title and crop off the excess background (top, bottom and sides).

gngt.thumb.png.986163253b34810699a2215f3babd1bb.pngsf.thumb.png.ebbdbe8203c0cb138278c96b44117a8a.png

(My cab's panel is green, hence the green here)

To batch crop the images, I used ffmpeg and a batch file.  I had CPW output the images as 1024 X 768.   Then used this in a batch file

md cropped
for %%i in (*.png) do ffmpeg -y -i "%%~ni.png" -vf crop=iw-36:ih-280:18:55 "./cropped/%%~ni.png"

Place the batch file in the same folder as the images.  This creates the folder "cropped" then places the cropped images in that folder.  The output images, using this, become 988 X 488.

If you decide to try this, copy a just couple of your images to a temp folder and test 1st. ;) 

thanks but i didn't use cpwizard, i just got png files downloaded from launchbox, i can't mass change game titles and button labels

29 minutes ago, Sbaby said:

Can you share your image pack?

I suppose I could.  But I doubt anyone would want custom "Mountain Dew" green control panels. lol

1375531253_MountainDewFront(Small).thumb.jpg.c230bfa76abd04dec3094226e962bfbf.jpg

It most likely has the same amount of missing panels, and/or a lot will just show the button numbers (1 through 6) vs the actual action ("Fire", "Jump" etc.).

13 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

I suppose I could.  But I doubt anyone would want custom "Mountain Dew" green control panels. lol

1375531253_MountainDewFront(Small).thumb.jpg.c230bfa76abd04dec3094226e962bfbf.jpg

It most likely has the same amount of missing panels, and/or a lot will just show the button numbers (1 through 6) vs the actual action ("Fire", "Jump" etc.).

beautiful jewel, congratulations 👍