LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream: Aspect Ratio for a single game?

RobertBlum

1 minute ago, RobertBlum said:

i thought maybe there is a launchbox paramter you can set the ratio for each game

There wouldnt be a Launchbox one, it would need to be a redream one, so redream will need to support that via commandline and you will need to find what it is and add it as a commandline to that specific game in Launchbox.

53 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

No, I meant in launchbox!

Launchbox does not control anything that happens in game in an emulator. It has no settings to affect aspect ratio or really any other in game setting. Those are always set and controlled by the emulator. 

1 hour ago, RobertBlum said:

in redream? sure there you can change the aspect ratio. but just as a main setting for all games. i thought maybe there is a launchbox paramter you can set the ratio for each game. like i did before with rocketlauncher.

If doing the command line option like @neil9000 mentioned is not possible with redream you could set up a second version of Redream and have it set to 4:3 and then any games you want to run in that aspect point it to that version of Redream.

15 minutes ago, RobertBlum said:

I solved it and it was quite simple. I just checked the redream ini file and took the command written there.

-aspect=16:9   or   -aspect=4:3

I guess it works the same way with all the other redream settings written in the ini 

Thank you

Cool. Thanks for sharing what you found.

16 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

OK. (FYI I was the one that brought up game-specific settings in launchbox)

And an FYI per my prior post there is not a Game Specific setting in Launchbox that controls video settings per game.

What he did was set a command line which is not the same thing. Also, that only can work because the emulator allows it.

• Like 1