LaunchBox Community Forums

PPSSPP RetroArch

SonicFan53

So, I found out that the PPSSPP in RetroArch is nearly identical to standalone, so I decided to try it, I got the system files I needed and followed the instructions on Libretro Docs perfectly, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know why? (BTW before you ask, YES MY PC IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO RUN IT.)

45 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

Sorry, I meant in RetroArch, if it was related to LaunchBox ITSELF, I wouldn't have put it in the off-topic emulation thread, would I?

Well your original post didnt say one way or the other, "and it still doesn't work" doesnt say if its not working in Launchbox, or it's not working in retroarch, hence the question asked. If its not working in retroarch it will never work in Launchbox either. PPSSPP core does not need any additional settings. It "just works" provided you roms are good and the filetype they are in is supported.

First off, I would appreciate it if you would limit the attitude given to those attempting to help you out with the extremely limited information you are offering. People are spending their limited time to assist in you in something that is typically quite trivial. It doesn't do you good to respond to that consideration with negativity.

Secondly @neil9000 is very much correct. There are no additional steps needed to get good roms to work in that core. I would delete the core as well as any files/folders you added when following the libetro docs and then redownload the core through the RetroArch UI/Menus. I personally would install another instance of RetroArch to a different folder and try there, verify if it works correctly, then if it does update your live install to match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

BTW I did install the core through the ui.

Good then you already know how to do so. Now please follow the steps provided, and let us know how it went so we know if the previous additional steps you took broke something or not.

2 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

BTW I did install the core through the ui.

If you want actual help you need to provide actual solid details, your posts so far do nothing of the sort, its like you dont actually want help and are just trolling. If you dont reply with any actual useful information im going to lock this needless thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

Sorry, I meant in RetroArch, if it was related to LaunchBox ITSELF, I wouldn't have put it in the off-topic emulation thread, would I?

Given the fact you have posted questions in wrong sections before, then the answer to your attempt at being smart with me is “Yes, you would have”. 

I am trying to provide help. You do not like the questions I ask then be more concise with the information you provide. 

• Like 1

Here's the full lowdown: I have .iso files of 7 psp games that all work in standalone, and I downloaded the RetroArch core in the UI. I got the system files from the right place, put them in the RetroArch\system\PPSSPP folder, then tried to boot a game. It almost succeeded, but then RetroArch crashed before it could begin emulating... I waited a bit and tried again, and it still wouldn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

13 minutes ago, SonicFan53 said:

Here's the full lowdown: I have .iso files of 7 psp games that all work in standalone, and I downloaded the RetroArch core in the UI. I got the system files from the right place, put them in the RetroArch\system\PPSSPP folder, then tried to boot a game. It almost succeeded, but then RetroArch crashed before it could begin emulating... I waited a bit and tried again, and it still wouldn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

You were given steps to follow to try and correct the issue. This statement has steps not included in that process. We are all willing to help when required but if you aren't going to take the advice and help given then please stop asking and wasting everyone's time.