LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - 16:9 (Big Box Theme)

3 hours ago, OldeManMoon said:

also yes my build is on an external SSD drive.

Is the SSD formatted ExFat for NTFS? If ExFat that is likely the issue. Some symlink issues can occur with ExFat so we recommend NTFS as the format.

To test copy your \Theme folder and paste it into your \Core folder and see if it works.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, sorry for the noob q, but I am relatively new to all this and I have still have much to learn...

I was hoping someone could tell me what settings to change and what to set them as to get this particular view? 

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/uploads/monthly_2021_08/8.JPG.dbb3c9101656c73141153af2bbaaf9d0.JPG

Also is it possible at to slightly shrink the video size slightly (in this view) at all?

I just want to mention my knowledge of all this is basically next to none so any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Btw fantastic theme Mr. Retrolust, nice, clean, unobscured, not too busy. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Noriya said:

Hello all, sorry for the noob q, but I am relatively new to all this and I have still have much to learn...

I was hoping someone could tell me what settings to change and what to set them as to get this particular view? 

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/uploads/monthly_2021_08/8.JPG.dbb3c9101656c73141153af2bbaaf9d0.JPG

Also is it possible at to slightly shrink the video size slightly (in this view) at all?

I just want to mention my knowledge of all this is basically next to none so any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Btw fantastic theme Mr. Retrolust, nice, clean, unobscured, not too busy. Thank you!

Thanks glad you like :) You can go to big box settings and map a key or button to switch between the different theme views. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if I can actually just turn the time of day off? I have what I assume is a bug where my time is displayed as 12:45PM 12:45    ...It's not the end of the world but it is a bit annoying.

I can't for the life of me find any settings that affect the time settings at all. Am I blind or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

2 minutes ago, Whatscheizer said:

I'm wondering if I can actually just turn the time of day off? I have what I assume is a bug where my time is displayed as 12:45PM 12:45    ...It's not the end of the world but it is a bit annoying.

I can't for the life of me find any settings that affect the time settings at all. Am I blind or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thats on purpose so I dont have to maintain 2 different versions. But if you want a version without time I can make it for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thats on purpose so I dont have to maintain 2 different versions. But if you want a version without time I can make it for you.

I just realized one is standard time and the other is military. I wouldn't ask you to go through the trouble to do a one off, but if its a simple edit in one of the xml files I'd be willing to try it myself. I'm just not sure where I should look.

40 minutes ago, Whatscheizer said:

I just realized one is standard time and the other is military. I wouldn't ask you to go through the trouble to do a one off, but if its a simple edit in one of the xml files I'd be willing to try it myself. I'm just not sure where I should look.

You could try, up to you ;) If you search for "time" within the xaml files you'll find the codes I think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Firstly, I need to say that I love your Bigbox theme and launchbox theme, I think the main reason I purchased Launchbox premium recently was so that I could have videos for each game in this exact style and layout of your theme (see picture below) and I could not find any other themes that had this simple and best layout, so I am very grateful for your efforts because the results are so stylish and stunning!

The one thing I do not like though, is the time appearing in the bottom middle area of the video display portion of the screen and I thought it would be a good time to post here since I've been thinking about this and someone else has just brought this up too. In my opinion, it just doesn't look so good or like it fits with the rest of the layout to have a clock there and I would much prefer a version without this. But what I would really love to see is a version that replaces the clock with a plain text title of the game because sometimes the banner logos on the side (despite looking great) can be very 'busy' and elaborate and it's not always easy to detect the name straight away.

I think even extending the two bottom corner purple info blocks (showing playmode, year, developer and publisher) into one long bar/ribbon across the bottom might even help make the game tittle more visible too and still hopefully look good.

I was thinking about downloading the theme editor and seeing if I could manage this, but if it is something you would be willing to do as a slightly changed version for people like me, I would be so very very grateful as it would make this theme just about perfect in my opinion.

P.S. I love the new arcade cabinets project you are undertaking (and the fantastic Arcade 3D boxes project too!)  because I have really been disappointed and turned off by the terrible quality of the majority of arcade cabinet images I've seen for so many years. But the new cabinet images you and the team you work with are producing look absolutely fantastic and I think they finally match the quality of all the other great artwork available, instead of dragging it down like most of the old images do. And these new cab pics look especially awesome in the theme pictured below, it just works so well within the layout and pleases me so much.😄

In the picture below there is a picture of the Capcom CPS system banner instead of the arcade logo I see on mine, is that because the Capcom logo is maybe missing from my hard drive? I would prefer the system logo appear like in the picture below or if not available then no logo at all.

Is this something that can already be done or does the theme need to be edited to achieve this?

Thankyou again for all your hard work, your bigbox theme is by far the best theme IMO and I really dig it so much😀 Keep up the good work Mr RertroLust, you are a champion!!👏👍🤩

Image URL

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Wonderboy
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Firstly, I need to say that I love your Bigbox theme and launchbox them, I think the main reason I purchased Launchbox premium recently was so that I could have videos for each game in this exact style and layout of your theme (see picture below) and I could not find any other themes that had this simple and best layout, so I am very grateful for your efforts because the results are so stylish and stunning!

The one thing I do not like though, is the time appearing in the bottom middle area of the video display portion of the screen and I thought it would be a good time to post here since I've been thinking about this and someone else has just brought this up too. In my opinion, it just doesn't look so good or like it fits with the rest of the layout to have a clock there and I would much prefer a version without this. But what I would really love to see is a version that replaces the clock with a plain text title of the game because sometimes the banner logos on the side (despite looking great) can be very 'busy' and elaborate and it's not always easy to detect the name straight away.

I think even extending the two bottom corner purple info blocks (showing playmode, year, developer and publisher) into one long bar/ribbon across the bottom might even help make the game tittle more visible too and still hopefully look good.

I was thinking about downloading the theme editor and seeing if I could manage this, but if it is something you would be willing to do as a slightly changed version for people like me, I would be so very very grateful as it would make this theme just about perfect in my opinion.

P.S. I love the new arcade cabinets project you are undertaking (and the fantastic Arcade 3D boxes project too!)  because I have really been disappointed and turned off by the terrible quality of the majority of arcade cabinet images I've seen for so many years. But the new cabinet images you and the team you work with are producing look absolutely fantastic and I think they finally match the quality of all the other great artwork available, instead of dragging it down like most of the old images do. And these new cab pics look especially awesome in the theme pictured below, it just works so well within the layout and pleases me so much.😄

In the picture below there is a picture of the Capcom CPS system banner instead of the arcade logo I see on mine, is that because the Capcom logo is maybe missing from my hard drive? I would prefer the system logo appear like in the picture below or if not available then no logo at all.

Is this something that can already be done or does the theme need to be edited to achieve this?

Thankyou again for all your hard work, your bigbox theme is by far the best theme IMO and I really dig it so much😀 Keep up the good work Mr RertroLust, you are a champion!!👏👍🤩

Image URL

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments man, appreciate it :) The reason why there is a CPS1 logo there is because I imported my roms for that system as a separate platform just like cps2, 3 and neogeo.

I'll have a look soon to see what I can cook up for you.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks for the compliments man, appreciate it :) The reason why there is a CPS1 logo there is because I imported my roms for that system as a separate platform just like cps2, 3 and neogeo.

You are welcome 🙂 Ah I see, it's the way they are imported/labeled in launchbox. It would be great to be able to have it like yours appears in the picture.

28 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I'll have a look soon to see what I can cook up for you.

Thankyou Mr RetroLust!😀 I look forward to this very much!🤩

Edited by Wonderboy
  • Game On 1

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

You could try, up to you ;) If you search for "time" within the xaml files you'll find the codes I think.

Hey I did just have a poke around turned out to be a pretty simple job with Notepad++ I just made sure the table below the system time got moved up into the same position after deleting those lines. Loaded the theme and boom no system time. Launchbox didn't complain about any errors in the file. Pretty good result! 👍

I should also really take the time to say thanks while I'm here. I have a system I have been using this theme on for a while and I really enjoy it. The overlays for the screens and marquees are really impressive to look at as well. Its a really cool aesthetic and I dig it. Thanks again.

Edited by Whatscheizer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whatscheizer said:

Hey I did just have a poke around turned out to be a pretty simple job with Notepad++ I just made sure the table below the system time got moved up into the same position after deleting those lines. Loaded the theme and boom no system time. Launchbox didn't complain about any errors in the file. Pretty good result! 👍

Well done Whatcheizer, it's really good to know that themes can be edited relatively easily and quickly for some things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Well done Whatcheizer, it's really good to know that themes can be edited relatively easily and quickly for some things.

Yeah the file itself is notated well too. Each table has a header that tells you what they are. Editing the time I'm sure would be pretty easy for most people to figure out regardless (time codes do stick out a little). Most of my fumble was spent figuring out which view was which so I knew which one I needed to edit. I just should have thought to use the search tool sooner (thanks Mr. Retrolust). Seeing all the tables displayed in text made my eyes glaze over a bit at first, but it wasn't bad once I could figure out where the tags were starting and stopping.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Wonderboy Is this what you mean?

Knipsel.thumb.JPG.8db0cdf4cfbc810d5dbb76a28b867d12.JPG

Yes!😀 That is what I was thinking, thanks MrRetroLust It's already a big improvment! But I honestly think the text needs to be much bigger, at least double the height and width to make it more visible at a glance. I think the issue of the text being hard to see depending on what video is playing behind it could be fixed if the purple bar could also be extended across the bottom and also across the top, so the usual yellow ARCADE logo can really pop!

I know I am asking for quite a bit and I understand if you would rather not do this as I will try to figure it out one day with the editor. But if it is something you can do I would be so very pleased and grateful! Would this be hard to achieve you think?

Thankyou for already having a go at this so soon, I was not expecting that at all, you are awesome! 😀

23 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yes!😀 That is what I was thinking, thanks MrRetroLust It's already a big improvment! But I honestly think the text needs to be much bigger, at least double the height and width to make it more visible at a glance. I think the issue of the text being hard to see depending on what video is playing behind it could be fixed if the purple bar could also be extended across the bottom and also across the top, so the usual yellow ARCADE logo can really pop!

I know I am asking for quite a bit and I understand if you would rather not do this as I will try to figure it out one day with the editor. But if it is something you can do I would be so very pleased and grateful! Would this be hard to achieve you think?

Thankyou for already having a go at this so soon, I was not expecting that at all, you are awesome! 😀

I won't extend the bar, that would be too much work, sorry man. I could make the text bigger but that would cause long titles not too show right, as it is now there is room for three lines and checked it out with the longest titles I could find and they show right like this. I could try autosize but i'm not sure if it'll be pretty.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I won't extend the bar, that would be too much work, sorry man. I could make the text bigger but that would cause long titles not too show right, as it is now there is room for three lines and checked it out with the longest titles I could find and they show right like this. I could try autosize but i'm not sure if it'll be pretty.

That's okay, I understand, I hopefully will try that one day if I can. Is the bar just a graphic element I can make in photoshop? It's a shame it can't go much bigger with the text but it already is a big improvement in my opinion. Perhaps autosizing text would be a good compromise if it doesn't look too bad?

It really does look so much better now, thankyou for doing this, I really appreciate it! 😀

19 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

That's okay, I understand, I hopefully will try that one day if I can. Is the bar just a graphic element I can make in photoshop? It's a shame it can't go much bigger with the text but it already is a big improvement in my opinion. Perhaps autosizing text would be a good compromise if it doesn't look too bad?

It really does look so much better now, thankyou for doing this, I really appreciate it! 😀

I made the text bigger and the size of the box as well, autosize didnt work. Here you go man: Neon Deluxe Arcade.zip

3 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I made the text bigger and the size of the box as well, autosize didnt work. Here you go man: Neon Deluxe Arcade.zip

Thankyou ! 👍 I installed it just now and it's looking great by comparison, so much easier having the title there and it looks much cleaner too.

Great work once again MR RetroLust, you made the best BigBox theme even better! And thankyou for helping me out straight away that was really cool of you and I really appreciate it 😃

I resized some of Vikings 4k Colorful Platform videos to 4:3 ratio and now that they properly fill the screen, I think they look fantastic together with your theme! Cheers MrRetroLust and thankyou again for all your many efforts and projects that make LaunchBox beautiful!:)

Snes Screen-2.jpg

Arcade Screen-2.jpg

GC Screen-2.jpg

N64 Screen-2.jpg

Edited by Wonderboy
  • Game On 1