LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - 16:9 (Big Box Theme)

19 hours ago, Whatscheizer said:

Yeah the file itself is notated well too. Each table has a header that tells you what they are. Editing the time I'm sure would be pretty easy for most people to figure out regardless (time codes do stick out a little). Most of my fumble was spent figuring out which view was which so I knew which one I needed to edit. I just should have thought to use the search tool sooner (thanks Mr. Retrolust). Seeing all the tables displayed in text made my eyes glaze over a bit at first, but it wasn't bad once I could figure out where the tags were starting and stopping.

That's brilliant to hear the files is structured very well, no doubt all the notes and headings will help me a lot too when I decide to delve into it and try a few tweaks. Yes, I know what you mean, once you can start to see a pattern and locate things within some code you can start to make a bit of sense out of it even if you're a non-coder like me. Thanks for the update that is really cool you were successful and very encouraging to hear for sure. 🙂

• 1 month later...

I love this theme, Thanks for the hard work creating it. 

One problem I have though is that the game covers are all showing the rear/back cover of the boxes - not the front for some reason. This doesn't happen with any other Big Box theme for me.

Any ideas if I can correct this? I have no editor experience yet and have not done any editing of the theme.

bigbox_neon.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SimonLev said:

I love this theme, Thanks for the hard work creating it. 

One problem I have though is that the game covers are all showing the rear/back cover of the boxes - not the front for some reason. This doesn't happen with any other Big Box theme for me.

Any ideas if I can correct this? I have no editor experience yet and have not done any editing of the theme.

bigbox_neon.png

Its supposed to look like that so you can read the back cover (does work better with vertical boxes though). The front cover is displayed as a background behind the text. If you want I can make you a custom version and swap the sides.

Haha. Oops! I understand. Didn't want to criticize your great efforts! I do like the front covers on the main game section. The custom version would be great if it's not too much trouble. 

At some point I'd like to try and edit themes myself. I've noticed some great tutorials on YouTube. Am I right in thinking I could edit any of the already created themes and 'tinker' with them - or are they locked down? 

50 minutes ago, SimonLev said:

Haha. Oops! I understand. Didn't want to criticize your great efforts! I do like the front covers on the main game section. The custom version would be great if it's not too much trouble. 

At some point I'd like to try and edit themes myself. I've noticed some great tutorials on YouTube. Am I right in thinking I could edit any of the already created themes and 'tinker' with them - or are they locked down? 

No problem man, i'll make it tomorrow. To edit themes you can open the xaml files in the views folder with a notepad editor, notepad++ is great for this. But you can also make or edit themes with the Community Theme Creator, but to edit an existing theme made in this program you'll need the community theme files for this, provided a theme creator shares these as well. But then again the exported xaml files can be edited as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@SimonLev Here you go, overwrite this file in Launchbox\Themes\Neon Deluxe Arcade\Views

That's great - thanks so much. It's working fine now. I may have a little tinker to try and make the box image a bit smaller. That will be once I start learning how to use the theme editor though.

• 11 months later...
16 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Hi mate,  did you do the favourites and recently played part on the platform view though CTC?   I'm trying to add it to my theme and can't figure it out how to do it.

5.JPG.9176655ec51cdce737d7b642e4e91c0c.thumb.jpg.2d898ca3c665657be8225e9703ef6891.jpg

Yeah you can with CTC but its been a while, i'll have a look for you tomorrow morning when i'm at the pc.

@PaulyC Here's a snapshot of the screen

Knipsel.thumb.JPG.dae27affcdcb37fa84c9a04c258af856.JPG

Can't remember if I changed the name of those elements or if those are the default names. Hope it helps you out.

Thanks bud.  They’re the elements  I’m using as well but for some reason the favourites don’t work.  

Thats strange, maybe ask Y2guru to see if he can shed his light on it.

I had a friend test it for me and it worked perfectly on his so its something to do with my end.

Maybe its something to do with the beta LB/BB im using?  I'll figure it out 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

I had a friend test it for me and it worked perfectly on his so its something to do with my end.

Maybe its something to do with the beta LB/BB im using?  I'll figure it out 👍

Yeah could be one of the betas as i've seen some weird images in one of those rows as well, like cart images instead of 3d box images.

37 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Yeah could be one of the betas as i've seen some weird images in one of those rows as well, like cart images instead of 3d box images.

Well i figured out the images that are shown are linked to whatever you have set in launchbox's image group if that helps you in the future.

6 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Do you mean what image is set, like when switching image views with controller/keyboard bindings?

No just the recently played and favourites we set up in ther platform or text filter view.  Whatever you set in the image below in Launchbox is what is shown in the recently played and favourites  entries in Bigbox.   

On another note i fixed the favourites not showing,  there is more options in bigbox for recents and favourites and i didnt have favourites on 🤦‍♂️

1765609338_Screenshot(224).thumb.png.12ee3046b2e3c8d4778f2b2d2656a0f2.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.8cacd5426482a2e32cf2db052e5d3e3f.jpeg

• Thanks 1